• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domains or website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit$

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
870
Reaction score
0
Would you rather have 100 domains makeing $100 a month or one website making $100 a month? Why would you want the domains or website? I would want the domains., NameLegend (Joe)
 
I would prefer 1 website making 100/m :cheeky:
Easier to maintain
 
1 website - costs are much lower (due to renewal fees)
 
100 domains - I'm a domain addict :-D
 
I would opt for the website because of the potential growth and flexibility, where as the PPC of $100 for the 100 domains might even decrease the way PPC is going.
 
I choose the domains. See just to let you guys know I never said they had to be bad domains where you can't resell. Id take the domains because then you sell each one for xx-xxx
 
100 domains making $100 per month means each names makes an average of $1 per month.

If you can find anyone who wants to pay $xxx for most names like that...

In the case you mentioned you are barely meeting your costs for renewing all the names.
 
You can allways find an end user.
 
You didn't specify the names...

Of course hotdogs.com making $1 per month is worth more than my-pink-andbluesmelleysocks.cc making $1 per month, but in terms of parking profit you only make $5 per name for the whole year.

Thats why (assuming the names arent brandable or generic) the website is the better choice.
 
I'll choose the website too.

A good domain name needs to be developed some day.
 
Man, I'd definitely take 100 domain names because you could easily develop them and start to multiply earnings quickly as opposed to just having a single site.
 
Unless I had plans to grow/develop the 100 domains, I would take the single website.
 
NameLegend, dont tell me you are taking 100 three letters .com for this comparison :cheeky:
I would prefer those packages even if the website makes $1000 a month :)
 
NameLegend said:
Would you rather have 100 domains makeing $100 a month or one website making $100 a month? Why would you want the domains or website? I would want the domains., NameLegend (Joe)
Well it really depends what the domains are..

the only way I would take the domains over the site is if the domains were of good quality..
 
Website higher and easier resale, and its only one thing to worry about
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom