• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

DomainTools issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
65
:veryangry: I have a paid silver membership at DomainTools.com and it seems now they have placed restrictions that limits the number of queries one can make. Is anyone else getting this security message>

"Security : Client may be too resource intensive. You must logout and log back in to continue."

I tried logging out and relogging again and nothing! I use their whois a lot each (manually) as I do my domain research and this is a major inconvenience right now. I've created a support ticket and waiting to see what they say.
 
What tool is this? How many domains appx. in your batch for querying at any one time?
 
Same thing is happening to me. After 4 or 5 single queries I get the ban page and have to logout and back in.

Quite annoying.
 
It's DomainTools.com it's not a software but from their website... I probably typin about 45 names/hour when I'm working which I don't consider to be much especially for a paid subscription.
 
That's ridiculous. The site must be over quota and bombing out with temp banned IPs.
 
was thinking about buying the subscription, do you guys recommend it?
 
I think you need to write down on paper exactly what you need from this tool after evaluating the demo, and finding out what part(s) of it work for you. I'm not an OT expert, but e.g. isn't OT score now defunct since Yahoo changed over to 'search marketing"? Just one possible element to consider, and one that I see a lot of hair-pulling about. I think DRT is a very well-written piece of software, but it tries to do a great deal in 'one hit' as it were.

Break down your domain research requirements into component parts and see what solutions are out there for those individual parts; not the sum of them all.

Proxies are the pitfall of any mass research tool. I've commented elsewhere here on this forum about methods that obviate proxies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom