• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale DOT-EDU tld now at Pool??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
1
If you go to their homepage right now, you will see God.edu listed in the "A Sample of Tomorrow's Domains" section!?!

Same name now showing at NameWinner for tom. drop!!
 
LOL -

Seems like an April Fools joke.

I just went there and God.edu is not there.

I doubt god.edu is even registered. It is hard to get a .EDU domain. I beleive you have to be an accredited post-secondary institution.

-Bob
 
I saw it at Namewinner with over $100 bid as well......................
 
Bob said:
LOL - I doubt god.edu is even registered. It is hard to get a .EDU domain. I beleive you have to be an accredited post-secondary institution.

-Bob

Good point! But bid at NW is now at $360. Very strange indeed!
 
Wm. M. said:
Good point! But bid at NW is now at $360. Very strange indeed!
Just goes to show people will bid on anything.. :-)
 
I noticed it at pool and started wondering what is going on. Perhaps registrars of .edu want to make some money and will start offering .edu on first come first serve basis. Just imagine have medical.edu , mba.edu , loan.edu , legal.edu... the list is endless.
 
They have been in the drop lists for the past week...

AIT.EDU
AIUN.EDU

I think this is a move to drum up interest the only problem is if they let lots of people into the .edu landscape then all hell is going to break loose. I doubt that will happen.
 
Bob is correct in saying that you need to be an accredited institution and then you can apply for a .edu.

The day .edu has an open registration process is the day .gov does as well which will likely never happen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom