Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DotMobi pulling out Aces from under its sleave :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All this Dot Mobi hoopla and RFP's just getting out of the gate!

People express their doubts on .mobis and don't realize that all those premium words are still yet to go out!

This precedent of RFP is genius! So many names, going to be used, and likely advertised, by businesses proposing to use it! (What if some rich domainer had bought them all!) People are judging .mobi as if all the good names are gone already!

On the contrary, most of the best names are still unregistered, not parked or brand protecting nothings etc. - they are still available to be useful.

-------

Although weather.mobi owns the .com as well and who knows what will happen.. other companies that can receive any of the countless reserved names who don't own the .com = .mobi will be advertised by the best deemed to hold the name.

It's still early, why pour out marketing funds like TV when most phones don't have internet yet!? Get ready, the biggest companies are positioning themselves today for this revolution!

I'm not just talking about the strange URL game and out of this world silence game hehe

Has anyone noticed such not so strong names, kinda obscure, that were also reserved! What will happen with these with regards to bids.. will there be such a giant hoopla by then, a craze, that will generate the interest in these names even? who knows..

All I know is you have to be first to reg a domain name in this biz we're in.. and the aftermarket is some kind of a special haven..

Again, my look on 1994: looking back, people say generally one of three things about domain registering:

1.) I knew about domain registering back then, bought some; but, then sold too early.. If I had kept them, I'd have x amount of money today!
2.) I knew about domain registering back then but didn't buy any
3.) Man I wish I knew about this domain registering back then!

Which one are you :rolleyes:

Support ICANN's battle and ONE INTERNET! (still have, stemming from its infancy)

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom