Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dreamhost - a Trip to Refund Hell

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I signed up with Dreamhost in mid-February but found that it wasn't the platform I needed and asked for a refund. After a couple of weeks with no refund appearing and no missives from them I did a more serious navigation through the Sargasso Sea of their refund maze. First I followed their customer support suggestions to close my account but had no follow-up confirming that a refund was in train. Since then I have contacted customer support almost daily with no result. I receive emails suggesting that my ticket has been put on hold and that it may take more than 24 hours for a reply to be rendered.

Their refund policy goes out to 97 days. I am at approximately 30-35 days. Does anyone have experience with this vendor? Do they simply let the sands of time run out, wearing the customer down and consuming the customer's time with back and forths that yield not fruit?

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I signed up with Dreamhost in mid-February but found that it wasn't the platform I needed and asked for a refund. After a couple of weeks with no refund appearing and no missives from them I did a more serious navigation through the Sargasso Sea of their refund maze. First I followed their customer support suggestions to close my account but had no follow-up confirming that a refund was in train. Since then I have contacted customer support almost daily with no result. I receive emails suggesting that my ticket has been put on hold and that it may take more than 24 hours for a reply to be rendered.

Their refund policy goes out to 97 days. I am at approximately 30-35 days. Does anyone have experience with this vendor? Do they simply let the sands of time run out, wearing the customer down and consuming the customer's time with back and forths that yield not fruit?
Scarce had the ink dried on this post but word arrived from Dreamhost that a refund had been processed. Coincidence? Probably :)

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Stay away from this companies, Godaddy, Dreamhost, Hostgator, Bluehost and other similar.
I use Hostinger at the moment and is one of the best for hosting and email, for domains I use Cosmotown, Spaceship, Sav and Porkbun.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom