• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed driving-directions.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMark

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
just picked it up off the drop, what do you think?
 
should have saved yourself some money.

Dunno about how things are in the US, but here, i would use www.theaa.com or www.rac.com which is like AAA in the USA. Anyone doing a site like this will be investing a fortune in the software etc, and would therefore pay more for the version without the dash, unless its already been used.
 
Originally posted by Oceanic
not all that bad .. c'mon guys

they are nice generic words. But unless someone is wanting it, its worth zero. Ask yourself this, who would want it? If you can't think of anyone, then value = $0.
 
these are taken...
drivingdirections.com
drivingdirections.net
drivingdirections.us
drivingdirections.org
drivingdirections.biz
drivingdirections.info
driving-directions.com
driving-directions.net
driving-directions.us
driving-directions.org
driving-directions.biz
driving-directions.info

"driving directions" has a "count" of 799251 on overture Search Term Suggestion Tool, which suggests a lot of traffic if you develop a site that does well (and an exact match domain name is a good start, no?).:)
 
Originally posted by MarkyMark
just picked it up off the drop, what do you think?

Hi, don't take it personally, this name was mine and I let expire, in October I received 29 hits.

Mike
 
Originally posted by MikeMike


Hi, don't take it personally, this name was mine and I let expire, in October I received 29 hits.

Mike

You could tell me next time, when You let some names drop
 
hah, thx that saves me the trouble of gathering type-in traffic stats...

pickin up crumbles off the rich mans table...:cry:
 
Originally posted by MarkyMark
hah, thx that saves me the trouble of gathering type-in traffic stats...

pickin up crumbles off the rich mans table...:cry:

Maybe this can help you....:

When I first registered the name it was getting some very good traffic, I did nothing to increment or keep the traffic like optimization or stuff like that, I use to send the traffic to a search engine and then the traffic started to goes down and down, so I think if you develop it the name can have good traffic.

Mike
 
right, thx for the info mikemike, I'm thinking of slapping up a small site, optimized for the keywords and see what happens. I guess car price quoters and hotel guides will be interested in the traffic.

I estimate that the google nr 1 for those keywords gets about 3000 uniques a day...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom