• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

droped names and DMOZ listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
818
Reaction score
11
Sorry everyone, I was not sure where to post this...

Does DMOZ remove names that are droped from their directory?

thanks!
 
only if they find out about it, since it's all done manually
 
Not all the time - its done manually. I have had a few names that were dropped and stayed in dmoz
 
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.

Dmoz has near 4.000.000 url's and a manual directory.Some stays some don't stay.
 
I'm curious on some of the tactics used that help you guys find these names.

Do you just go to DMOZ start clicking links and find pages that don't resolve?

Do you use lists such as from domainbot, and other sources?

Or has anyone just got lucky and on a fresh reg with no insight registered a domain and find out it has a ton of backlinks?

I know this maybe a topic for a new thread but just curious.
 
Hi Sarcle, i'm not an expert but i guess you can use one of the many software available like DRT (Domain Research Tool) to find domains listed at DMOZ. Just download Daily Dropping Domains list and start scanning. I guess that's the way most of the people search for good domains.
Hope it helps. Good Luck
Argie
 
I'm curious on some of the tactics used that help you guys find these names.

Do you just go to DMOZ start clicking links and find pages that don't resolve?

Do you use lists such as from domainbot, and other sources?

Or has anyone just got lucky and on a fresh reg with no insight registered a domain and find out it has a ton of backlinks?

I know this maybe a topic for a new thread but just curious.

Try my sig and you will find a huge list of dmoz listed sites available for registration. Do doublecheck it yourself though before registering
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom