• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

DRT is getting useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
I don't know if it's just me or not but my daily scan is getting slower and slower each day. I tried different proxy lists services, free or paid, but it seems the overture server sucks too. I remembered the speed was pretty reasonable 2-3 months ago.
So I would like to hear some other comments from DRT (Domain Research Tool) users? Anyone has luck with that?
 
I totally agree! I scan and load thousands of live proxies daily but my DRT's scanning speed doen't seem to improve! I will appreciate any tips given here, as to how wrong I might be doing it!
 
performance is dependent on the parameters you scan for....OVT server is super slow nowadays which is what causing the huge performance degredation...
 
ovt access doesnt load half the time for me, and im typing in the occasional word personally. Maybe they should security code each submittal. It sucks but thats what its coming to.
 
I have been very dissapointed with this purchase. Looked to be very good, but once I got into using it, I experienced the same problems as everyone else. Another waste of money.

Would have been nice had I found a few names that would have helped pay for the software...
 
well you cant blame DRT, blame yourselves for slamming overture.com, eventually overture will go private and then where will you be.
 
well you cant blame DRT, blame yourselves for slamming overture.com, eventually overture will go private and then where will you be.

Thanking god that I didn't give into the thousands of "LOWEST DRT$$$$" threads.
 
I am yet to see a ROI on the software, but am hopeful :)
 
Thanking god that I didn't give into the thousands of "LOWEST DRT$$$$" threads.
DRT is extremely useful, and not just for ovt, although that is really nice as well.
 
Yeah, Overture is not the only thing you should be looking at. In most cases, as you know; overture should not mean any more to you then Elvis liked rap. When you are scanning 27k+ names at one time, you will always see a slow down; no matter what tool you use.

I've found PLENTY of names with DRT that I would have NEVER found without it. If you do the same things everyone else does, you will only find the bread crums that even the birds didnt care to eat. Create your own ways and you will be much happier with what you see.
 
DRT has been good for me all the time, but I must admit scans are slower.

First off, try to load inventory.overture.com yourself. Usually it times out or doesn't load, and if it does then it will take a long time. I think Overture.com company purposely decreased the load speed for the inventory to stop bulk scans. Whatever the case is, overture is super slow nowadays for me.
 
Did you guys get nice speed scanning non-ovt pamameters?
I didn't.
 
Thanks Provider. TR will be updated.
 
It's a good tool ~ you just have to know how to make the best use of it.

;-)
 
i have personally found out that it's faster if you have lists of less than 100 domains at a time... still works flawlessly & very fast for me and been a user for almost a year...
 
After a few months of non-use. I'm trying to use DRT on a lot of about 5,000 names and seem to be getting nowhere. I followed all the suggestions
- no OVT checking
- simple checks like MSN links + Yahoo directory
- Google checks OFF
- avail check OFF
- lots of threads -- upped from 17 to 77
- paid for list of proxies -- 250 are "alive"

I'm on a very good commerical grade connection with ample bandwidth.

The result? The MAX seems to be about 6 domains per minute, with 2 or 3 per minute being closer to average. That means I can't even do basic checks on names dropping, let alone anything detailed.

So... what's wrong here? I've now done 100% of the suggested speed improvements, including shelling out more money for the better proxie list.
 
*Lower* the amount of concurrent threads, and definitely leave out OT. I have been testing their server this week and there's definitely no current way to get automated results reliably. For most of this stuff you don't need proxies -- they will slow you down too. PM me if you have a particular check you need to perform in bulk and I'll take a look.
 
About the only thing I use it for now is availability and creation date checking.

If anyone needs domains scanned for overture such as drop lists PM me for a quote.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom