Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eBay out for blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guy lives nearby, the suit will be in U.S. District Court in Albany, NY. I may spend a day as a court watcher, bored to sleep or could I learn sometihng?

Did they skip the UDRP here? Anyone have a UDRP search on this, I would like to see the details.

Dave

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,5712600^15330^^nbv^15306-15319,00.html

eBay Sues Operator Of eBaytoo.com

You would think that any sane lawyer would suggest to the guy running "eBaytoo.com" that it might elicit a negative reaction from eBay. The extent of this negative reaction might even be made worse when you were basically trying to copy everything about eBay by setting up your own auction site. So, it should be a surprise to no one that eBay is suing wannabe online auctioneer eBaytoo.com. The site of eBaytoo.com seems down right now, and the internet archive draws a blank, but Google's cache shows a site that looks strikingly similar to eBay (though without any actual auctions).

The online auction house eBay has sued a man for allegedly operating a similar business on the Internet. John Wederman, of Schenectady, who operates eBaytoo.com, allegedly violated eBay's copyright in an attempt to "trade on the eBay name and to take advantage of initial consumer unfamiliarity and confusion," according to the lawsuit filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Albany. eBay is seeking unspecified damages and legal fees. Both sites allow buying and selling of items ranging from clothing and jewelry to furniture and automobiles. The one allegedly run out of Schenectady since October permits sale of Nazi items and Ku Klux Klan items, which Delaware-based eBay does not allow on its site, the suit said.

Domain Summit 2024

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
..but Google's cache shows a site that looks strikingly similar to eBay

Wot.
I don't agree.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I suppose if the guy wants to start an on-line auction, he has now got a massive amount of publicity. If he can settle out of court for not too much, and start a new site that is obviously not Ebayish at all, he could ride on this publicity and get off to a really good start. Seems a risky ploy though>

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom