Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ebayersthatsuck.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten an email from eBay yet? I think they automatically send them out to anyone who registers anything with eBay in it.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am sure you will get a letter, your site even has an eBay look/feel to it. They bugged me for just registering a Domain with "Bay" in it.

Mike

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As noted above, I also believe that eBay uses an automated enforcement mechanism for anything that has "ebay" in it. For example, I have seen c&d letters for domain names which have an incidental appearance of the "ebay" string in it.

If you register wolvesarebayingatthefullmoon.com, it is probable that you will receive an automatically generated letter from eBay.

Your biggest liability would appear to be defamation claims from the eBayers that are in your database. Since I did not find eBay ID jbb302 in there, then you are fine as far as I am concerned.

As usual, the answer to "Can they sue me?" is yes. Anyone can sue you for anything at all. It is not a very satisfying answer, though. The question you really want answered is "Would they win?". That answer can depend on the answer to "How much would you pay to find out?"

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just took a look at your site....

As a personal opinion.... It is out of line.... Out of context.... Too close for comfort....

You could at least have been more original in your design amd colors.

Thanks for reading,

Lorenzo

R

rotax785

your missing the point the look and feel was ment to be the same...people love it

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can't get it taken down. It is considered freespeach. That is why their are so many companynamesucks.com sites up for various companies. I can see why they would take down like an auction site of something similar to their name because it would confuse people but they can't stop freespeach,....... .... ... ... i think.

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK OK OK freedom of speech is OK... I have nothing against Freedom or Speech...

BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH plagiarism....

How would you feel if someone copied a site that looks and feels like your very own.

They copy color, text, and formula....

That is not freedom of speech...

The site or name may have the correct intention and I don't dispute that at all.

My opinion remains.....

Too close for comfort on a "look and feel"

Lorenzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom