• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

"Educated Offers"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
546
I don't imagine I will be very popular with some for saying this but ...whatever.

I get a kick out of the people who put their names out for "Educated" offers.
They don't know how much they want but they want "Educated" offers.

Or the offer seekers who put no range or ballpark (or whatever you want to call it) and say so indignantly "Don't lowball me".
Hey, if you can't put some kind of approximate value on your name ....be prepared for whatever offers you get.
If you say "minimum or starting at $500" and you get a $20 offer...then get indignant.....or whatever.

I have to agree with DCG that many times with offers you are simply asking for an appraisal/ego boost.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=135749
Fixed Prices or Offers?

Maybe 2 seperate sections need to be setup.

One for domains with fixed prices and one for people that have no clue what they want.


Just my rant....
 
I totally agree with you, but this seems to be symptomatic for the domain business. There is more behaviour that falls in the same category:

- Domains wanted: ask for well-described quality domains and get PM with domains you did not ask for
- The words PREMIUM and BRANDABLE in the title of a sales thread, regardless of the quality of the domain
- People claiming that FXRES.com is a pronouncable word
- etc.
 
Well, if somebody is selling cooking.com, or something with obvious "premium status," asking for educated offers is not unacceptable. Everybody knows the domain is worth a lot, so I don't see why they should have to name their price, when the domain's value can easily be more than their first idea.
 
I think that the higher the value, the harder it is to get a reliable valuation or appraisal. So I agree with 007.
 
007 is right, if the domain is premium, is very hard to realize how much the domain is worth, so asking for "educated offers" is acceptable...
 
As the person who introduced the statement "educated offers" and some other folks started using it, I will say that if you don't know what an educated offer is, that means you are not interested in buying. In which case, you should not be complaining in the first place, because your loss is zero.

But just in case that you might be willing to be ....educated, let me give you a couple of hints.

Educated offers means, don't bust my gonads offering lowball, tire-kicking, penny-pinching, scrooge-loving amounts that will force me to ridicule you in public - because I enjoy thrashing tire-kickers, penny-pinchers and scrooge-lovers VERY MUCH.

How's that?
 
Educated offers means, don't bust my gonads offering lowball, tire-kicking, penny-pinching, scrooge-loving amounts that will force me to ridicule you in public - because I enjoy thrashing tire-kickers, penny-pinchers and scrooge-lovers VERY MUCH.

:peace: AMEN!!! :peace:
 
:-D Lowballing 101, Lesson 1
 
asking someone for an educated offer is arrogant and shows that you assumed this buyer would make a very very stupid offer, that not the way to treat a potential buyer. Why dont you just give the person your educated price and be done with it.
 
Maybe I should just bend over and cry "uncle"?

Seriously, people should just mind their own business. If I want to chant a little poem in ancient Greek along with my sales pitch, what does it matter to those who don't participate in a transaction and just bitch about it?

Seeking educated offers does not indicate arrogance. It indicates that bidders should dip their wallets into their brains before placing an offer.
 
Thats right. An educated offer would be from someone that knows how much that particular domain name is worth. Its the same when people say "no lowballers."

Like Acro said, it really doesnt matter it you don't like it or not, its not going to change anything.
 
I agree jaydub. I have come to the conclusion most domainers dont know the value of their domains.
 
Yet another useless thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom