• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Email from investor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantse

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
416
Reaction score
3
Does anyone know someone Anthony Taller vice prsedident of brand name services?
 
Upvote 0
Well I got that email too; if you checked the whois that domain is only registered for one year. All I can say is that it could be a domain appraisal scam...

I laughed when I saw the email...dunno why :)
 
He told me to make appraisal in my domain in certifieddomainvalue.com and then to negotiate the price.when i asked him deails about him he told me that is based in switzerland and he is investor.
 
Yep that the old scam.. don't buy his appraisal.

He'll promise to pay a ridiculous amount if the appraisal checks out.. you'll buy a bogus appraisal for like $60 and after that he will just vanish.
 
I received a similar email 2 years ago, it's a scam. (But just incase 0.001% chance that it might be a real buyer, if your domai name is worth more than 3 figures, go and ask if he's okay with Sedo or Godaddy appraisals. If he insist on his own appraising company then obviously it's a scam.)
 
hmm, why not you tell him you are interested in his business domain name and is willing to pay a huge sum but he has to go through your appointed domain appraisers. :)

Tit for tat..
 
Exxe he has sent me the same email with your link..so for sure is spam.i told him about sedo and godaddy and he told me that its not trust and he wants company that make appraisals manual


Hotspur i will do it...tit for tat
 
Appraisals are garbage. Don't care who or where you get them from. Even if free, waste of time and effort. You can use Estibot (which I do) for aggregated stats but NO appraisals are any good when it comes to $ value. Might as well slap an "$XXXX" on it and call it a day.
 
Just received a new version of the appraisal scam. If you get this type of letter, don't bother replying.

-------------
Hello,

We are going to purchase your domain name.

Our company is in hosting and domain name business.

Please email us your desired price in USD or euros for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us your domains with prices.

Looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Jerad Martensen

CEO

Domain Investing Inc
Domain Name Investing & Web Development
 
My first encounter with this type of scam was back in 2002... 9 years later ; still going strong.

Sad, but true.

Rob
 
"We are going to purchase your domain name."

I guess English could be their second language, but I doubt someone whose English is that bad or does not have someone to check emails has the money to buy expensive domain names.

Also if they give their real names without a (real) phone number or address, I would lean to scam.

Low-ballers often use similar bulk emails (How much would you sell Shrewd.com for?") but when I get the same email on my obscure doman names (How much would you sell UpperStage.com?), I would guess it's a scam.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom