Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Emailing a potential Enduser with a domain for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galxie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I have heard a lot of talk and some different answers.

Its time to get things straight and right here.

Ok so my question is, " Is it ok and alright to email a Potential enduser a domain name that you have for sale? "

Is this considered spam even if you only email them once?

What is the best tactic to reach out to a enduser that might would want to buy your domain, but has no idea that it is for sale?

Any advice, or examples of sales letters, or any examples would be much appreciated.

thanks

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain is in auction then you need to mention that if you're a serious domainer/seller since the end user won't get to buy it directly if someone wins the auction before his offer

If it's a BIN listing there's always a chance someone will have bought it by the time the end user answers

If it's O/C-O then you don't have to mention it unless you're already considering an offer

And it's not spam at all if you email them once, even twice is OK in case they didn't get the 1st one. I would not email them more than twice, though

:shy:

Last edited:

Galxie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks angel69, your advice is much appreciated.

Does anyone else have any comments, advice, examples?

Thanks again

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I have heard a lot of talk and some different answers.

Its time to get things straight and right here.

Ok so my question is, " Is it ok and alright to email a Potential enduser a domain name that you have for sale? "

Is this considered spam even if you only email them once?

What is the best tactic to reach out to a enduser that might would want to buy your domain, but has no idea that it is for sale?

Any advice, or examples of sales letters, or any examples would be much appreciated.

thanks

You should refer to the canspam act, if you are sending unsolicited emails. I would never send two emails to the same address, if you do not get a response to your first email, that can be seen as very spammy. Remember there is no black, and white rule book on this, and you could be setting yourself up for legal backlash, if the other party chooses to pursue it with your isp, or your registar, or yourself directly...so tread carefully.

Most end users just junk the emails, due to the automated Alexanders, and his friends, that have taken the spanm world by storm the past few years, you should really have a domain name that would help the end user, and not be something less than they are using now, otherwise you are wasting your time.

Galxie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Airmax for your Advice, much appreciated.

Yes I get several emails a week from people trying to sale me domains and Its frustrating since the domains are usually all junk or domains that I have dropped... makes no sense. however I wouldn't mind to get a email that might have a Premium domain for sale that could help me.

It seems as if many companies usually like to hand reg a domain, then pay up for a premium domain...I also think many companies are unaware that premium domains are for sale and that premium domains could possibly help their business tremendously.

Anyone else have more comments or advice on contacting a potential enduser with a premium domain for sale?

thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom