• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Emerging Technologies-- Domains to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
65
I want to start this post where I or anyone else can post emerging technologies that may be big in the future. Maybe we can post name of the technology and source of our info... I'll start it off


Pervasive Games, pervasive gaming.

Suppose to be the new reality game. I think it will be a major success like reality t.v was and still is.

Source: pervasive-gaming.org
IPerG will produce entirely new game experiences, that are tightly interwoven with our everyday lives through the items, devices and people that surround us and the places we inhabit.

IPerG researches both technical and design aspects of pervasive games. The objective of IPerG is to develop infrastructure, tools and methods for pervasive games, in order to:

Enable rapid and cost-effective creation and staging of pervasive games

Create good designs

Understand the intendend audience

Understand the societal impact of games
 
This is going to be huge very soon

WIRELESS VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL

wVoIP for short

Nokia has just released a mobile with both GSM and VOIP technology
Skype also have released a wvoip phone as well

Major WVOIP conference coming up in November

People have to communicate, and this technology is only in its baby stages.
 
FUELCELLS Thats the next big thing. If you don't have some good fuelcell names you need to start getting some now. Fuelcells and fuelcell businesses will be everywhere in a few short years.
 
Fuelcells do look like they're going to be big.... I haven't gotten any fuelcells names but Iwill acquire some.... I do have some wvoip names though :-)
 
Does anyone know anything about BPL or Broadband-over-powerline? I have some BPL domains that are up for renewal. I understand it's being used in some countries but hasn't moved forward too much in the U.S.
 
the biggest coming one is EV/HEV
(hybrid) electric vehicle
 
VOD (video on demand) it is going to be huge.
 
You can add to that list windows new photo file format, 12:1 compression with jpeg only being 1/2 that at 6:1. MS is going to have it in the new windows they are beta testing right now, they will be using it across all windows OSs and programs as their standard.


This one looks like the real deal, you can read about it at the links below. I grabbed me 4 domains for it, I posted this in the other post but the post don't seem to be working. So I'll post the stuff here may be some one will find it useful, plus I could use some thoughts on the domain names I just grabbed.

It's called Windows Media Photo, the short for it is WMphoto this one looks like a keeper this time. Windows have specail printing paper for it as well, it will work with RGB and the other color spaces good as well. Here are the 4 domains I got, also take note of the usage of WMphoto at the links on it..... :)

1) WMphoto.org WMphoto .org

2) WMphoto.us WMphoto .us

3) MyWMphoto.com My WMphoto .com

4) WindowsMediaPhoto.net Windows Media Photo .net

Here are the links to info on it, there is not much out yet as this stuff is very new. But with a good format with 2X the compression as the next best one, I'm sure everyone will be talking about it for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Photo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_graphics_file_formats

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/wmphoto.mspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/andy_simonds/archive/2005/10/06/477954.aspx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom