Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

End user value of 4 Character .com?

Dann-o

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As the title says, I own a 4 character .com (cccc), and recently an end user approached me about acquiring it. Admittedly, the letters aren't very good letters but I picked it up at a decent price. Anyway, I did my research and the end user is a multi-billion dollar company. The domain would work well for them, but there could be other 4 letter domains that could work just as well (hard to explain). I'm familiar with wholesale prices on these, but not end user prices. What would be a good expectation?

Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tell them you have no bin on the domain but that similar domains sell in x range - do you want xxxx, xxxxx? that will give them an idea but if they insist on a price it gets quite tricky so good luck. they may be a wealthy business but unwilling to spend too much on a name.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no set price on 4 character .coms. You get what you can get. At the end of the day you have to consider what you paid and how likely it is another offer will come along. I tend to sell. Some tend to hold. :D

Dann-o

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tell them you have no bin on the domain but that similar domains sell in x range - do you want xxxx, xxxxx? that will give them an idea but if they insist on a price it gets quite tricky so good luck. they may be a wealthy business but unwilling to spend too much on a name.

good point. their marketing dept may not have allocated much money for it.

There is no set price on 4 character .coms. You get what you can get. At the end of the day you have to consider what you paid and how likely it is another offer will come along. I tend to sell. Some tend to hold.

probably good advice, since i was surprised these letters fit an end user at all. not sure if i could find another :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom