Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom ENOM did not send me the 3rd email and my domain expired

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I lost a domain that I wanted.
I was wondering how the heck this happened.
Checking my inbox, it appears that ENOM sent me 2notices, one notice 1 month before the expiration and a second notice 15 days before it.
But they didn't send the final notice, like they have done so far with all the other domains I own, which comes 2-3 days before the expiration.

I thought registrars were required by ICANN to send at least 3 such notices ?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain if registrars are required to send 3 such notices but it must be a black or white type of answer. As to the name that expired, all registrars have a no-penalty grace period to rescue names, if yours didn't expire long ago you can sure renew it (the # of days before the penalty begins varies according to ea registrar) If it's in redemption and this is your 1st "miss" with eNom (and with more reason if it turns out eNom never sent you a 3rd email and it's required) they might let you renew w/o penalty. I'm totally against auto-renew not so much cuz I might not want the domain another yr but because the registrar gets to charge you whatever it wants, literally. So I'd rather take the risk of being in a tough situation because I didn't renew than havin to swallow a $17.99 or so renewal fee for a .org ...

:shy:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a courtesy, but even if the registrar did send the E-mail (and they probably did), there is always a chance that the mail will be spamtrapped or lost in transit.
But this is a moot point since you received two reminders before.
You need to maintain your own lists, otherwise you are going to lose domains one day, it's guaranteed.
You might still be able to redeem the domain though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct, three notices with the last one 7 days prior. But you should have a grace period to renew it before it goes to redemption even. I've a reseller account at eNom and that's how it works, e.g. I can let domains expire for a while (although I don't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators