Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom Enom let me buy a reg'd domain

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Kennedy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a lot of us do, i'll post in random words into enom.com to see what they might suggest.. I typed in realestate and they suggested MortgageLending.com to register. I clicked the 'Add' button, went into my cart and bought it for $9.45.

Afterwards, I did a quick whois on the domain to see it's been registered since 1996 and doesn't run out until 2015..

They did take the $9.45 out of my reseller account but I haven't received a conf. email yet.

I know I don't own it - it's a bug in their system.. interesting though! Have you run across this?

Domain summit 2024

deleted7/10/23

Account Terminated
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All registrars get this occasionally - usually when the registry is doing maintenance, or they've broken something, or their upstreams are "clogged" - it simply means they failed to see it as registered before taking your order, and a quick ticket to support will get you a refund.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why you using enom? GoDaddy is the best optioN!
GoDaddy is not realtime. When it comes to checking domain availability Enom is usually reliable.

I hope their script will detect the failed registration, otherwise it's the kind of bug that makes a platform less reliable. Imagine you renew a domain and the renewal doesn't take place at the registry ? Don't laugh, people have lost domains because of registrar bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators