Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

Enom Problem - Domain Monger

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remember the Startgate problem with Enom, where Stargate caught for Club Drop and then when we tried to renew the domain it was impossible. Many names were lost, etc.? Well they may have another one just like it as Domain Monger - Check your Enom account and if it was caught by Domain Monger you will not be able to renew the domain name. If it is at 3 days or less, you loose. It says "Transfer In" is the only way to renew these domains. I was surprised but we have many names that they caught for ENOM with this MONGER. Check it out and hope maybe they fix this - Steve

Domain Summit 2024

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok - Just a "Heads Up" for folks this might effect -

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Ok - Just a "Heads Up" for folks this might effect -

Agreed....didn't know you couldn't renew but I wasn't wanting to take chances. It used to be easy to tell which ones were at the registrars by the CAPS but now it's impossible to differentiate.

:huh:

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes here is ENOM's response - THIS WILL EFFECT EVERY CLUD DROP DOMAIN NAME!!!

Hello Steve,

Our dev team has recently updated our system to force the transfer (as opposed to adding years) to domains that are acquired through ClubDrop. If you want to add years to a domain, you have to submit a transfer for the domain.
Sorry for any confusion.

M

mole

For Club Drop grabs, I think :-

1. You have to wait out the 60 days
2. Then initiate transfer for the name that is already in your admin panel, strange

Meantime, there is essentially nothing you can do with your "ghost" name, eg URL forwarding, until the 60 days are up and you initiate transfer. You can try renewing, it lets you do it, but then emails you to say that this was a null transaction.

I think eNom needs to think this one out carefully.This situation looks kinda brain-shrunked.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole - This has nothing to do with the 60 Days - What this means is that WHENEVER you want to add years to ANY domain name that was caught through CLUB DROP - you have to transfer it in to ENOM - Forget the 60 day rule. Example - we had 11 domains that were caught through Domain Monger at Club Drop a year ago - Tried to renew them all week last week - could not - wrote ENOM - got this reply below - In the mean time these domains slipped into the pending delete 30 day hold - Can not transfer them now and can not renew them - Hope that explains - Point is according to the letter below from ENOM - EVERY domain name caught at CLUB DROP needs a transfer in to ENOM to add years - Now that is just amazing - Steve

Hello Steve, Our dev team has recently updated our system to force the transfer (as opposed to adding years) to domains that are acquired through ClubDrop. If you want to add years to a domain, you have to submit a transfer for the domain.

Sorry for any confusion.
May
Technical Support & Services
www.enom.com/help
ICANN Accredited Registrar

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what names I have at Enom that were caught by other registrars.

This is a major problem.

There has to be a simplistic solution to this.

Or, they can make it complicated and make more revenue.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's truly astonishing. Thanks for the heads up Steve.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - Just spoke with ENOM as they called me. Here is the lastest news - EVERY domain name caught through Club Drop that is not caught by ENOM - CAN NOT BE RENEWED at ENOM - They MUST be transfered into ENOM to renew the names. Some of these partner sites have ZERO day redemption periods so could be one day after expire, you loose the domain names. They said - "We planned on doing a mailing out to club drop customers to explain this but just have not had time yet. Maybe we will mail something out within the next couple of weeks. This is just amazing. BEWARE - STEVE

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say I told you so but I had a feeling there would be problems and the very few names that I've gotten through these makeshift DBA registrars made me a little uneasy to say the least. I transfer all POOL & SNAPNAMES as soon as it hits 60 days. If the name is valuable to me I don't mind paying $6.95 to avoid this situation.

The main problem I am facing now is knowing which names were caught by club drop because inside the system they are no longer in CAPS within the listing system and that means I will have to go through literally 1500-1800 domains to figure out which ones are. I keep good email records so a simple search probably will give me club drop results.

The funny part is most all of these names revert to auto-renew as YES which makes no sense and gives false hope.

Cambler help us out man.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly Clemzonguy - You would think you were all set on these as they appear in your ENOM control panel - You set auto renew and next thing you know they are expired - that is how we found this out. DNS went down on several and then we started to look in to it. There is no way to sort the domains to put them in for transfer - It is not the money as you would pay to renew them as well as pay to transfer them - It is about loosing domains that you paid good money for at Club Drop in the first place or taking sites down due to this. We have 4 client sites down right now due to this problem. Steve

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Hi, I have heard that all names recieved via the Club Drop have to be transferred into Enom in order to renew/add years, even though this domain is administered in the Enom Control Panel.
Is this true?
If true does it apply to ALL domains caught in Club Drop or just some registrars?
If true is it planned to rectify this undesireable situation?

Thanks.
Enom said:
--- Agent Reply: xxxxxxxxxxx - 8/23/2004 9:57 AM ---

Hello Roger,

Yes, if you need to renew the domains which acquired via club drop, you need to transfer the domain to enom. Basically, the domains are registered in other registrar, and other registrar is using enom're control panel to manage it. It's the agreement between enom and other registrars. However, if you want to keep the domain with other registrar, you could transfer it before the expiration date.

This is for all domains caught from Club Drop which are registered under other registrar. Some domains are under enom, so you don't need to do the transfer process.

We are still contacting, planning and make some improvement about this issue with other registrars. If we have updated information, resellers and customer will be notified.

Thank you.

So just to clarify - this applies to ALL Club Drop domains that are not caught dirctly by Enom, not just DM.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can they forgo the redemption period? They can pass on the hold period but I don't think they have a choice with the redemption period.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amazing Roger - Every Domain at Club Drop!! What a mess this causes for some of us. Appears that ENOM just does not care either way. Good Luck - Steve

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What they should do is to automatically transfer the name into enom after 60 days. This way requests to change nameservers and other stuff will work correctly. Does it sound like this is in the works? That would head-off the problems at the front end.

M

mole

Same thing, Steve.

1. You cannot renew any names caught by Club Drop although it looks like it is in your eNom account and you can "manage" it. I tried to renew, it just sends you an email to say that transaction did not take place.

2. You cannot transfer the name to your eNom account. I tried that too, and it says transfer cancelled because not 60 days old.

3. Worst thing, you cannot manage the DNS for the name even you seen you are configuring the DNS settings in your control panel, which means - THE NAME IS ESSENTIALLY DEAD.

I'm not that bothered because this is a third tier name for me that I got for $18 bucks. :-D But for those who paid big money, I can imagine the grief.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes Mole - It is a mess - We have 4 sites down - 2 of our's and 2 client sites waiting for them to do something. You would have thought that ENOM would have taken all of this into consideration prior to making such a change - When I spoke with them yesterday, they said they were overwhelmed with phone calls and emails regading this problem. They also said they were "thinking about sending an email to all club drop members to explain this process at some point in the future". Maybe they should have sent this email prior to making the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom