Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ENOM Q: From Reg Rocket to LoginID Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few domains came to my legal possession as part of a trade and they are not consolidated under an Enom Login ID, they were (apparently?) registered via RR and only have domain.name/pw login control panel access.

I want to consolidate them under a login ID where they can be group managed regularly.

Also curious as to how the opposite can be done, ie push a domain name into RR from a global login list (and conceivably offer the new owner only the domain.name /pw access which circumvents some account features such as freely pushing between accounts).

The Enom reseller whose RR ID these domains are under is a member of this forum. If there is no simple answer I will ask for his help.

TIA!!!!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by IPatlas
A few domains came to my legal possession as part of a trade and they are not consolidated under an Enom Login ID, they were (apparently?) registered via RR and only have domain.name/pw login control panel access.

I want to consolidate them under a login ID where they can be group managed regularly.

Also curious as to how the opposite can be done, ie push a domain name into RR from a global login list (and conceivably offer the new owner only the domain.name /pw access which circumvents some account features such as freely pushing between accounts).

The Enom reseller whose RR ID these domains are under is a member of this forum. If there is no simple answer I will ask for his help.

TIA!!!!

Dear IPAltas,

It seem that you can control the domain but the domain is not under your login ID, you can managed it under virtually any RR but it still registered under the name of the reseller under this forum.

I have emailed this question previous to eNom's technical department for one of my case, the solutions are as follows:

1) Do the normal transfer procedures, i.e. wait until 60 days to transfer to your RR account (using the transfer function), You have to pay for one more year's registration fee at your cost;

2) Ask the forum member for mercy to see if he can push to your login in ID, be careful to write your ID clearly; otherwise it will be pushed to someone else login ID. In this case, the member may lose any future benefit (money from the domain); and it cost you nothing.

In commercial senses, the (1) option may be a good choice as the member does not have any obligation to help you.

Good Luck!

PrimeDNR:razz:

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Prime!
Are you and all here sure there is no other way to "push" domains created under RR?

It just seems silly to have RR management work this way. The domain will end up under the right login id/portfolio at the end of the term when its renewed (transfered) anyway, so I don't see how the original RR rseller will benefit at all. If anything s/he will have to support the user during the term only to loose them at the end.
Any thoughts?

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear IPAltas

As I know if you no matter where you renew the domains using Register Rocket, the revenue will go into the original reseller (commission). You may fail to renew it (may be) if the cost of the reseller is higher than the price you renew you domain (it seems that eNom will not allow the reseller to loss (and/or if the reseller did not have any available balance at eNom's account).

Hence, to protect yourself, please arrange transfer to your own RR (then it belongs to your login ID ).

I hope this can help

Regards

PrimeDNR

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Prime:
The day I use someone else's RR to reg my own domain is the day I must be very very very VERY drunk or stupid. :)

I will email the fellow reseller and, since he has made some serious public promises to (2nd level) resellers in this forum just a few days ago, I will post the outcome here for all to view.

Let's see if he comes through. :) [he he he]

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear IPAltas

If that guy is good, he would help you.

I look forward to see your results.

As him to push to your main account or sub accounts you want.

Best regards

PrimeDNR:laugh:

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am very pleased to report that the fellow member of this forum has been extremely helpful in resolving the issue.

This strengthens my trust and belief in belonging to professional groups like DnForum. It is a way to interact and network with peers in the business.

This is just one of the ways this forum can benefit domain name professionals.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi IPAtlas,

Congradulations!

Please PM for the name of the fellow, I want to know that good guy.

If I have colleague which want good domain but do not want to pay more than my, I will suggest him to go there.

Regards

PrimeDNR

Originally posted by IPatlas
This strengthens my trust and belief in belonging to professional groups like DnForum. It is a way to interact and network with peers in the business.

Couldn't agree more.

It is absolutely remarkable how Dan and the mods have managed to create and maintain a first-rate, professional environment on this forum.

It can't be said enough: Kudos to the DNF team!

Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom