Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom's pdq and amex? what in the world!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am really pissed off today. I have been wondering since past 4 days that why do people add domains to the cart and never check out and when i look at their domains they are good domains today i get calls. Note, not one call 4 or 5 people. They complained that the site doesn't accept AMEX and i got worried. So i got their numbers (most of these are business companies). I tried registering a domain myself with AMEX and it didn't accept the card. So i called enom. Here is what i am told "I am sorry we have been having this problem since a week now and its being worked on." So I said "Well, I paid $100/year for pdq so i can make the $100 + some profit for myself. If credit cards are not accepted how do you expect me to make money?" Then i was told "Well sorry sir, there is nothing we can do, if you further quesitons email our reseller department".

What the heck? :mad: I advertise and its generating great amount of traffic and it would've been generating great amount of profit for me as well since they already charge $0.95 + 3% per transaction thats pretty much $1.25 And then how the hell does enom expect me to make profit?

Any one got ideas or suggestions what i should do?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adill420
Hey,

I am really pissed off today. I have been wondering since past 4 days that why do people add domains to the cart and never check out and when i look at their domains they are good domains today i get calls. Note, not one call 4 or 5 people. They complained that the site doesn't accept AMEX and i got worried. So i got their numbers (most of these are business companies). I tried registering a domain myself with AMEX and it didn't accept the card. So i called enom. Here is what i am told "I am sorry we have been having this problem since a week now and its being worked on." So I said "Well, I paid $100/year for pdq so i can make the $100 + some profit for myself. If credit cards are not accepted how do you expect me to make money?" Then i was told "Well sorry sir, there is nothing we can do, if you further quesitons email our reseller department".

What the heck? :mad: I advertise and its generating great amount of traffic and it would've been generating great amount of profit for me as well since they already charge $0.95 + 3% per transaction thats pretty much $1.25 And then how the hell does enom expect me to make profit?

Any one got ideas or suggestions what i should do?

Yes it is really tough to get some profit if you lower your pricing to $8.65. Considering you pay for domains $6.95 + card processing. I suggest to increase this price for higher sale.

Regarding AMEX, I'm using amex and some clients used this too and no problem at all.

tw

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, Thanks all for replying but you are missing a big point. I am not complaining about enom's PDQ. It is GREAT no doubt. And as for my lower prices, that is due to building a customer base for myself. Even though my profit is not more than $.50/domain/year I want to have good base. But the solution for payment is what has pissed me off. Now I think it has been fixed but for the past few days it was not accepting AMEX. Anyhow, once again i am happy :) Only wish that PDQ had an option to extend the features of making it look different for each reseller or have an option for own template. Good luck to all competitors.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great to know everything works ok now.

Cheers and happy holiday,
tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators