Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Epik and #1 SSL CA Sectigo (formerly Comodo SSL) partner. DNEncrypt to be Intermediate CA.

DNE

Reaction score
Hi all,

This announcement was made on NamePros several weeks ago, but I thought I'd share it here as well.

Epik entered into a 2 year operating agreement with SSL market leader Sectigo (formerly Comodo SSL) to become an intermediate certificate authority to issue SSL certificates across all brands of Epik Holdings, Inc.

This will allow all sites in the SSL lander network to be equipped with Domain Validated (DV), Extended Validated (EV) or Organization Validated (OV) certificates instead of the current LetsEncrypt certificates.

This is important because we don't know for how much longer LetsEncrypt will allow the creation of bulk SSL certificates to produce SSLs for free at will, even for organizations with lots of IPv4's as we have.

We also don't know whether major search engines will start to view LetsEncrypt certificates as being less compelling as an authority signal versus a paid cert.

In summary, and in just weeks from now, you will be able to obtain FREE standard single domain SSL/TLS certificates and/or FREE Wildcard SSL/TLS certificates from DNEncrypt.

More announcements coming, but for now, this give us a 2 year window to become a full Root CA while delivering on the vision for DNEncrypt as an alternative to LetsEncrypt.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tin Nguyen

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators