Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.eu residency restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitedomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe I'm the first one posting in this section so long after .eu has been around but I was just wondering about the residency restrictions for the ccTLD. I know you must either be an EU resident or have your business there but I know for other ccTLD's there are companies which "represent" you as living in the EU. Are there similar setups for the .eu extension and what does that entail? Am I actually turning over my domain to such a company as with "private registrations" and having it registered in thier name or are they merely supplying me with a valid address? And does anyone know of any companies that do this? Thanks-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For .eu the holder should be a EU person/company so basically they would be the legal owner of the domain, not you. Pay attention to that.

Also there are certain TLDs like .de or .nl that are open to anybody, but you need to have a local admin contact. Often the registrar can provide one for you if needed. But you are still the owner.
It's a different scenario than above.

elitedomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the distinction I was wondering about, whether they would just be the admin contact or the legal owner. That sounds a little dicey to me. Does anyone offer that kind of service for .eu domains? And how would you enforce with them that you are the owner?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
open uk company online from 18£ and do your stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom