Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Excluding forums from "New Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

audubon

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a user setting to exclude forums from the "New Posts" search? If not, can such a setting be added? Specifically, I would like to exclude the Politics/Controversial forum. I'm sure there are others who would like to do this, as well.

Upvote 0

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It can be done. There is a hack for this option.

It's a good idea because sometimes you may think you are in the wrong forums -
Click new posts and all you see is Obama, Bush, Democrat, Republican......
and all the posts came from the same members who tried to Google to search for articles to support their party!!!

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This would be an awesome feature. I'm all in favor.

Skinny

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I occasionally get sucked into these, and would also prefer not to see them.

elius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just put that forum in a sandbox where the usual suspects can defecate all over the place without bothering the more sentient. I also get drawn in occassionally and it's like watching monkeys throw their scat at each other every single fokking day. Somewhat funny but after a while the stench just gets to you. You start throwing up a little and before you know it you're one of spreaders of waste products yourself. Oh, the humanity of it all!

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well overdue, lets get this forum back about domaining

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a concept! A domain name forum that talks about domains!!

Why is there a Political Section anyways?? The same clowns post there over and over, and there's nothing political noted to do with domains. Just their hate rants and spews. If one was to compare their domain postings to their political postings, one can see they couldn't care less about domains cause they 'never' discuss them. I don't think it has a place in a dn forum and should be eliminated. If people want to rant on politics, go to a Political Forum!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know we've had this discussion at least 3 times before where the P section was removed from today's posts, and here we are again repeating it, It must of reverted back during the upgrade. I'm all for having the ability to remove a section from view, I can think of at least a dozen sections I'd like to remove.

Your absolutely right, I see no reason for having a humor, sport discussion or political/controversial section, this is after all a DOMAIN forum and we should ONLY be discussing domains, Why have a life outside of that right?

What a concept! A domain name forum that talks about domains!!

Why is there a Political Section anyways?? The same clowns post there over and over, and there's nothing political noted to do with domains. Just their hate rants and spews. If one was to compare their domain postings to their political postings, one can see they couldn't care less about domains cause they 'never' discuss them. I don't think it has a place in a dn forum and should be eliminated. If people want to rant on politics, go to a Political Forum!

Right again, your brilliant Hawk, just brilliant.

Last edited:

audubon

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any progress on implementing the hack to exclude forums from "New Posts" and iSpy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom