Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Expired 15days the domain name become redemptionPeriod by totalregistrations.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonelhb

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as we know the domain name will become to redem in expired 45 days

but my domain name only 15 days

the domain name's stutas:

Updated Date: 14-jan-2013
Creation Date: 31-dec-2011
Expiration Date: 31-dec-2012

the register: totalregistrations.com

Serious problems:the domain name had deleted in mu account

what should I do next?? please help

Domain Summit 2024

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the way its supposed to be done. Unfortunately enom steals your domain if they get a bid at NameJet. Its in their terms of service. Beware! They will steal your name and take it out of your account while its in auction at NameJet and they do not give you the option of redemption recovery.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Just finished reading it. Unfortunately eNom didn't really "steal" the domain name, although I understand you feel strongly otherwise still.

If nobody made a backorder for that domain name in NameJet, eNom (ideally?) would've deleted it in their systems and let it go through redemption period and all. But because someone did during the domain name's expiry period, it was subsequently auctioned off, transferred to the buyer or auction winner, and extended for another year.

I know this doesn't give you any comfort, though hopefully this at least helps understand the process better. If you still want to pursue this matter, though, good luck finding a lawyer.

It's up to you how you want to proceed.

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I chalked it up to a learning experience. A bitter pill to swallow, but I learned. I have moved any and all important names away from enom and will not resell for them any longer because I dont want to be the middleman if enom ever deprives one of my clients of their redemption period -- that would reflect on me, and I don't want to be put in that position. This is all in enom's TOS, yes, but that doesnt make it right

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is all in enom's TOS, yes, but that doesnt make it right

Of course. And while at it, check your registrar's TOS as it might contain similar provisions for this issue.

Incidentally, many registrars try to auction their expired domain name inventory before pulling the plug. While it sucks having to lose a domain name in this manner, it may also cut down the waiting time for someone who's long been waiting to grab it.

Whether it's "right" or "wrong" depends on what side of the fence one happens to be on, I guess. Stay on top of your domain names, though, and you won't even have to worry about this sort of thing.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as we know the domain name will become to redem in expired 45 days

but my domain name only 15 days

the domain name's stutas:

Updated Date: 14-jan-2013
Creation Date: 31-dec-2011
Expiration Date: 31-dec-2012

the register: totalregistrations.com

Serious problems:the domain name had deleted in mu account

what should I do next?? please help

The Registrar is under no obligation to give you a longer grace period before sending the "delete" command to the Registry (which promts the REDEMPTION PERIOD status for 30 days.
Some Registrars do this the day after the expiry date.
While they "can" wait up to 45 days after expiry to do this, they do not "have" to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom