Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

fabulous Fabulous feedback wanted

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any downside/upside to using Fabulous as a registrar?

A little OT, but what's people opinion on their PPC program?

Does any other registrar/ppc have similar/better domain management features (like expiry dates for non-fab-reg domains).

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read the threads in the forum and you will find what others think about Fabulous' PPC program. Take the words and put it towards the company as a whole since it is the same company that handles PPC and Registration.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They give you good pricing only if you are parking with them. And they are VERY picky about who to allow parking, including the parking persons nationality. I.e. they cancelled my parking after I paid with credit card for registering domains and they asked me - passport copy, credit card copy etc., because they did not like my inferior nationality, and I had some biting remarks because of it. So they just cancelled the account (allegedly because "the traffic was not good enough", yet they still paid me for the clicks). Big heads they are @ Fabulous...

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
Big heads they are @ Fabulous...

Too bad you aren't the right kind of guy for them, because they will gladly kiss your ass .com, pardon shoe shine your shoes just to get you in bed with them.

dnjournal.com/images/traffic-sv-2006/shoeshine.jpg

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:)))

I think they sucked him too after the camera went off ;)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use them as a registrar for about 10 names, pricing is wholesale since i also park names with them. its 6.75 for registration. i am presently with fab 5.0 and am happy with the results since you can now input keywords, i make twice what i was making elsewhere with same names, of course different names perform differently, they allways pay me on time by check

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use them as a registrar for about 10 names, pricing is wholesale since i also park names with them. its 6.75 for registration. i am presently with fab 5.0 and am happy with the results since you can now input keywords, i make twice what i was making elsewhere with same names, of course different names perform differently, they allways pay me on time by check

However it seems they do not pay you enough to upgrade at least to platinum account here ;)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:

However it seems they do not pay you enough to upgrade at least to platinum account here ;)

gold account is adequate for me, i very rarely try and sell domains to domainers, i am happy with regging and parking names, even if i were a millionaire i wouldnt upgrade to platinum

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
because they did not like my inferior nationality

Hmm, sinse when YOU should feel that you have inferior nationality. I am from CZ and NEVER felt that way.

After all we have almost everything the best:
Pilzen, Bud, CZ arms, glass, chicks, history, architecture, socker, hockey, tennis, models, castles, food, and more..... :)

Ahoj
Jirka

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stu said:
Is there any downside/upside to using Fabulous as a registrar?

A little OT, but what's people opinion on their PPC program?

Does any other registrar/ppc have similar/better domain management features (like expiry dates for non-fab-reg domains).
Upside on reg: They are simply the best, imho
Downside on Reg: They do not have a reg. reseller program

Upside on their PPC : Absolutely outrageously high payouts on some types of names like poker related names, because they don't only use google like many others do. They seem to do more on SEO for you than others too.

Downside on their PPC: They reject meaningless names , trademark typos and have stringent security measures.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, sinse when YOU should feel that you have inferior nationality.

I don't feel, indeed, it was a sarcasm, shoud have been in "quotes".
Zdenek

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I park domains with fabulous for years and recently started to use them as my main registrar.
In domain registration part, I beleive they are the most secure registrar now
as they also offer 'exclusive lock' feature: unlock is possible with either e-mail or faxed/written request ONLY. Other features like regular lock, email notifications etc are also working.
In domain parking part, only gambling and dictionary domains perform well - very well... Other domains, especially domains with existent expired traffic, should be parked elsewhere - fabulous.com would not approve keyword and/or category based on existent expired traffic nature, only dictionary meaning of the domain (if any) is taken into account.
They offer real 24/7 customer support. Some other registrars around only claim to be customer-oriented ones, but support may not be reachable in out-of-business hours anyway. Sometimes, fabulous regular support is unable to help and they forward issues to account managers or technical team.

Also, sometimes they have minor technical issues. They fix them, but I wish it to be faster though.
Imho, customer satisfaction at Fabulous.com and account issues ARE SERIOUSLY CONNECTED with dedicated account manager personally. Those managers are very different. Original account manager assigned to my account always replied to my queries promptly at the same day. After the manager was changed - I am now waiting for about 2-3 days to receive a reply, not a good thing. Maybe the new manager is overwhelmed OR previous manager was TOO good and overdone his job, I am not sure.
I made credit card purchases with Fabulous and was never asked to provide a copy of ID or CC, even though I am not in U.S. and my name together with billing address are sometimes suspicios/highrisk for some credit card processors. By the way, such a paperwork for CC purchases is mentioned at fabulous.com published terms and conditions.
Hope it helps!

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are excellent company, but the PPC for me sucks. I have over 200 domains and they produce $3/month. It may also depend what names one have. Maybe some of my domains name suck, but not all. So I am not sure what's happening. :(
BTW: have neen with them for years and I am supper happy....

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are excellent company, but the PPC for me sucks. I have over 200 domains and they produce $3/month. It may also depend what names one have. Maybe some of my domains name suck, but not all. So I am not sure what's happening. :(
BTW: have neen with them for years and I am supper happy....

How far did you have to dig to find this??? lol

you just answered a question that was over 6 years old.

hopefully the OP wasn't waiting. :pound:

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know - deep :)
Anyway, as fabulous is still in the business and growing like crazy I thought that it could be ok to update it. Check the prices 6 years ago and now ;)
If not, always can be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom