Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed FamilyCookbook.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EroGenius

FamilyCookbook.com

How does this rate for appraisals? It's had a developed website up for a while, but I'm curious what the value might be seen at.

~ EG

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has a nice homey sound, but families don't usually cook together do they? I'm afraid the two words don't mate well enough together to give this one much value.

E

EroGenius

Duke, as far as I know the term "Family Cookbook" is a very popular term of describing a book of recipes passed down from generation to generation. Y'know, like "Just like mom used to make?"

Try this Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q="family+cookbook"

I reserved it initially when a friend coined the term in talking about a website they wanted to start. I immediately reg'ed it for them. Maybe you're right however.

Seems a little less popular through overture than say "Family recipe", but I'm not sure if that even counts for anything. In Amazon.com "Family cookbook" retrieves about 290 books with the term used in some way.

Any other thoughts?

~ EG

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EG - Thinking of it in generational terms makes more sense - but I must admit I haven't ever heard it used that way. Family Bible yes, but not Family Cookbook. On the other hand I know ZIP about cooking, so I could be so far off base here that is isn't funny.

Those examples you cited above show some utility for the name, Enough so, that it might indeed work.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like it - would do great as a developed site. No way it's less than $1,000 That's despite me being a meat and potato guy.

One of the domains I'm waiting to expire is very similiar but in another language - my wife is into recipies :)

E

EroGenius

FamilyFun Magazine ( family.go.com ):
http://family.go.com/raisingkids/le...e/famf0100famhistory/famf0100famhistory7.html

This a nice primer. There's a rich family history and tradition in cooking. Many stories surround gatherings of family for a good meal that incorporates passed down recipes from particular nationalities and/or countries.

Right now I'm more than a little frightened the next generation of my family will lose many important recipes and more importantly "identity" if we don't act pretty soon to preserve them. Kind of the whole thought.

I reserved FAMILYUNITED.COM for this same purpose.

~ EG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators