• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

First names data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
833
Reaction score
10
Hi,

I am searching a database of all the possible english first names.
Someone know where I can find it or buy it?

Thanks

...
 
If you manage to get a database together with their meanings then give me a shout, been looking for a while.
 
I contacted the editor of a baby names software, let see if he want to sell the data. If he say yes, then we could share the purchase as I do not think he will sell for peanuts the data of his major soft.
 
I have a Excel 2003 spreadsheet with two tabs, one male and one female, each with a few thousand first names on it. I used to use it to bulk search for available domain first names. All the good ones are gone, of course, but you can find some odd ones still available, like, Luxxie, or, well, you get the idea. Somewhat good for strippers or pornstars but not for babies.

PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

--------- Update -------------

Okay, I just got overwhelmed since I'm on satellite (notoriously slow upload).

I stuck the file at the very bottom of one of my list websites, http://www.ifrontpage.com/doms.htm
The file is about 1mb in .ZIP format.
Uncompressed, this is 7mb of first names.
Let me know if this helps anyone.
 
Cool BellG1,

For the first use I had in mind that's very good because I only needed the names without their meaning or origin.

Thanks

...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom