Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

First peek into iCloud.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it has shown in other markets. But I saw the first iCloud (iCloud.com) commercial.

As is typical of Apple's style, it is a very slick well produced commercial.

http://youtu.be/86LxStLXrf4

Apparently Apple wanted to wait until after the launch of Siri and 4S to bring this into the forefront.

I assume after spending 250mil on the domain name, it had better be good.

On another note, another Apple 4S commercial showed the new 8mp camera.

http://youtu.be/vSAje0EgYjY

If apple keeps this up, they may end up taking me away from my Android.

All I need to see and hear is FREE WiFi Hot Spot capability and it would be a done deal. That is perhaps the most one feature that I could not do without. It is a real joy to be anywhere on this planet...as long as my phone can get a signal, I have FREE internet access. This really opens up countless possibilities in doing photography and art on the fly. I was recently on a lake kayaking and saw some incredible sights wishing I could photo and post immediately...huge bucks and does (deer), kingfishers, and even a pair of bald flying overhead. That was a real treat.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Must see!

Hilarious parody of the iPhone 4S commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBe0zjdURc4

enjoy!

Domain Summit 2024

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would you pay $1200 for an ipad2? Isn't the most expensive one like $640?

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
699 for wifi and 829 for 3G.
We have everything in the house:
- My daughter has an IPhone
- My son has an IPod
- My Wife has an Ipad

and I have an IPAY!

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the $499 wifi ipad2... I just hotspot my phone (for free) and get 4g speeds on the go... It baffles me that apple is still creating 3G products and that people are actually buying them.

When they come out with a 4g phone (most likely when other companies are introducing 5g), then I might consider getting an iPhone.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the $499 wifi ipad2... I just hotspot my phone (for free) and get 4g speeds on the go... It baffles me that apple is still creating 3G products and that people are actually buying them.

When they come out with a 4g phone (most likely when other companies are introducing 5g), then I might consider getting an iPhone.
I have the iPad 1. Like it, but feel constrained because everything has to go thru iTunes - a very closed system. Again, with my phone as WiFi Hotspot, I avoid the upcharge for 3G(4G) PLUS the additional service plan.

Better than the iPad (imo) is the ASUS eee Transformer (Android). Man, I love that tablet. Faster and more responsive than the iPad. And surprisingly even takes decent photos.

I am still hooked on my HTC Google Nexus One, I guess the first official Android phone. Extremely fast and reliable, always get the android updates, and great range.

Honestly, not having to pay an additional service plan to have a WiFi hotspot is the kicker. Even thou my service is with T-Mobile, it is the only phone that is not subjected to the T-Mobile HotSpot plan.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
by the way its a gift for my Mother, its by far the best gift anyone could give to their grandparents or parents who are not tech experienced!
Just out of curiosity, why the 64gb? 16gb is more than suitable especially with iCloud now. I have the 16gb loaded with music and dozens of apps with zero issues.

The 16gb with wifi and 3G is $629.
the best keyboard with keyboard and a leather case with built in stand is $99.
Protection plan is $79

$807 total - $400 saved.

Your choice at the end of the day, but just trying to give you advice as I almost did the same til I spoke with a friend. Except I got the wifi only and just use hot spot.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better than the iPad (imo) is the ASUS eee Transformer (Android). Man, I love that tablet. Faster and more responsive than the iPad. And surprisingly even takes decent photos.

The other day I saw a guy walking in the park with his friends and he was taking photos with... an Ipad. I couldn't stop laughing. It's like bringing your iMac to the park to go on the Internet. Seriously: 1. tablets make crap photos 2. they are not meant to be used as cameras, just to take photo of a document or something where quality doesn't really matter.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the megapixels and optics improve it can take great pictures. Who ever thought of a phone taking pictures.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, phone is normally small and comfortable to take pictures with. You don't go out with your laptops taking pictures do you... :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, not I. But I have seen kids skateboarding doing it. Imagine the Video monitor size! Awesomely huge. Reminds me of the 8x10 format cameras.

These kids I am sure had those vids on YouTube in no time.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's lame. Huge is not always good. Think about panties.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why the 64gb? 16gb is more than suitable especially with iCloud now. I have the 16gb loaded with music and dozens of apps with zero issues.

The 16gb with wifi and 3G is $629.
the best keyboard with keyboard and a leather case with built in stand is $99.
Protection plan is $79

$807 total - $400 saved.

Your choice at the end of the day, but just trying to give you advice as I almost did the same til I spoke with a friend. Except I got the wifi only and just use hot spot.

Honestly 64Gig is worth the price. I own a 32gig iphone4 and that his 70% full!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The iPad is one phenom creative tool. Rich features and apps.

The same goes for android tablets.

I saw a WIRED piece a while back where iPads are being heavily used on Movie sets, more in the aspect of playback, rehearsal, digital monitors, and that sort of thing.

If movies (yes, hollywood type) are being shot and augmented using DSLR's, then it is just a matter of time before tablets will be used - extensively - for the same purpose.

I can envision a production being done with a tablet that would give 100% real time feedback for lighting, set design, best angle shots, and so on. If these things continue to improve in Megapixel numbers as well as better optics (Zeiss and so on) then they will be phenomenal impact to creative types. Movie sets are going to be loaded with them. Imagine wiring up multiple tablets to shoot the same scene from multiple points and multiple angles. For a fraction of the price of high dollar cameras, monitors, and so on, a production could be done with 15 or 20 tablets for pennies on the dollar. Each one being monitored in real time by the producer to see live results for multiple sources. Its not fantasy - its common sense. Again, the optics have to improve to match the imagery and the HD quality. As for memory? Forget about it. My Asus Transformer tablet has SD card slots. I can pop in a 16, 32, 64, or 128 gb card in this thing.

Again, the optics have to improve to have the capability of matching HD quality output. Right now I am shooting some raw footage using a Sony DSLR in full HD capability with 16.2 mg. As soon as the Sony a77 ships, I will be getting one of those - 24.8mp.

The quality of the imagery captured is what is important, as well as the editing capability. With products on the market like Studio and Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, raw video can be shot, enhanced, altered, and special effects added. Yes, this can even be done on tablets - right now. Apps (paid apps for the better services) are available right now to artists, photographers, and cinematographers. I have a few loaded on my iPad and on the Android Transformer. There are numerous sources on the internet and forums dedicated solely to this purpose. Post and get pics, tips, techniques and a chance to show off some personal work.

I use Sketchbook Pro (on both the iPad and Android tab) and Fresco for Android. The possibilities for artists to incorporate animation with live action is incredible. A movie producer can see 100% real time the action with animation/animatronics with live action. In other words, less time and cost in post production than having those creative people right on the set to merge and enhance.

Yup, tablets. If phones now have 8 pixels (even Annie Leibovitz says go for the iPhone as the camera to buy), I can only imagine what tablets are going to do to turn hollywood on its head. You might even see (sooner than later) an actual 3d movie released using phones or tablets -3 side by side, one in the middles straight on, the two ends are angled inward - then the three images merged (layered) to present dimensional art/film.

It'll be fun. Crude at first, but fun to make and a real headturner for digital art, photography, and film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom