• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Fish.com Sale Nets $1 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.
did someone mention shoes!?!? :)

what a sale!

:party:
 
Aerrial said:
anyone would love to own Horse.com, Bird.com and Ferret.com but I would think it would be ten times better to own horses.com, birds.com and ferrets.com.... not?

383 ferrets.com > 283 ferret.com

4688 horses.com > 2077 horse.com

3065 birds.com > 426 bird.com

Yes the "s" would be better
 
213 fishes.com (45 fishs.com) > 3483 fish.com ;)
But I think the people typing fish.com is mostly looking for another topic pages with fish.com at the end (104368 plentyoffish.com - dating site, 4073 bigfish.com - looking for games and so on). So I think majority of the natural traffic coming to fish.com is not at all fish related, therefore not that valuable...
 
Hi Denny,

Fish can be construed to mean singular AND plural.

ie, "A school of fish." or "I purchased an aquarium full of GoldFish!"

from webster.com:

"Main Entry: fish
Pronunciation: fish
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fish or fish·es
"

So the exact term "Fish" has BOTH singular and plural searches all in one,
and this domain is unique and special, not to mention very valuable.

Roy
 
i have emailed the previous owner of fish.com several times....and he just kept responding....not for sale.

i guess everything is for sale....at the right price.
 
uglypeople.com said:
i guess everything is for sale....at the right price.


I believe insurance salesman hear "no" 99% of the time.

However, people buy insurance policies everyday.

You just have to keep asking.
 
sneakers.com said:
Hi Denny,

Fish can be construed to mean singular AND plural.

ie, "A school of fish." or "I purchased an aquarium full of GoldFish!"

from webster.com:

"Main Entry: fish
Pronunciation: fish
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fish or fish·es
"

So the exact term "Fish" has BOTH singular and plural searches all in one,
and this domain is unique and special, not to mention very valuable.

Roy
This one I knew, thats why I used ";)"
 
Depends on what you are using it for.. the singular is typically more sought after as a branding tool and the plurals sometimes get more traffic and are more descriptive of the natural meaning of the word.

Ie. horses.com probably gets more traffic from people looking for horses and can be used to that end; but horse.com can be branded to sell cars, motorcycles, software etc. and has natural meaning.
 
A very motivated buyer I must say, its very tough to get a pets collection like what he has in this day and age, noticed he had to settle for ferret.com(?).

One million would probably buy the entire Noah's ark on the .INFO namespace, and once you lock a person into the .INFO zoo network through the search engines, you can virtually lead them through the whole zoo with well planned linking. This will definitely lock that visitor into .INFO awareness for a lifetime.

After all, only 10-15% of all web traffic is type-in based. I'm not suggesting this is a bad buy at all, just that Pets United has better options to create a great virtual menagerie today.
 
mole said:
One million would probably buy the entire Noah's ark on the .INFO namespace.

Mole,

Is the .info tld, a new extension?

I didn't realize you preferred the .info extension? :huh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom