Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Football.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give it to me ;)

I know what to do with it.

Adam

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the acquisition. Excellent domain that when developed will garner lots of visitors.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats, that's a great domain!

There's North American football, but almost everywhere else in the world football is soccer. You could split the homepage to lead off to each sport.

I'd look into doing something with Fantasy Football, or football pools, people go crazy for that stuff during football season.

M.U.

CEO of Thinkk
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice name. Congrats with the buying.

I agree with hugegrowth, make a landing page where one can choose between american football or european football (soccer) and make a fantasy league type site.

And if you still don't know what to do with it, im next in line after Adam to get the domain. :)

Good luck with it.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[h=2]Pretty nice name, try targeting football teams/associate or perhaps any English “football” which pretty much equivalent to soccer. Quite some categories, perhaps some high-end value. Best of luck. [/h]

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Canadian football or Canadian soccer teams (toronto/vancouver) could be considerations as well since it is .ca;)

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice one, Ilze!

I think it to be a very strong name, however this is one which truly must be in the "right hands" to make it work.

Soccer is absolutely unsuitable for this name, IMO. The soccer culture simply is not dominant enough in this country to garner the "maximum" traffic for this domain.

And as we know, traffic = money.

This could be a great news site for Canadian football, be it at the CFL level or the university level, perhaps even with a bit of content about college and pro football in the US, from a Canadian perspective.

It's very possible that TSN or Sportsnet might want this, especially since they have the necessary infrastructure to cause a site such as this to be any good, not to mention the reach to get some good buzz surrounding it.

Maybe you could score a joint deal with them.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone....I am a bit out of my element with this domain. If it was basketball...no problem.

Thanks for all the advice...much appreciated :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Useless domain, we all known the best Canadian football domain is FootballEh.ca :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators