• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed FootballPlayer.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
3,491
Reaction score
17
What do you think I might be able to get for it?
 
Well, since it is a .US extension it would have to be about American football (not what we call soccer that is known as football in other parts of the world). Has high numbers in Google, OT etc but I don't know how commercial it would be - looks more like a vanity name. Football players normally don't have to buy their own equipment so there's not much there to sell them. FootballFan.us would probably have more potential for selling merchandise.

As to what you can get for it - that would be minimal today. .US is like freshly bottled wine - it isn't ready for the resale market yet. I would only buy them if you plan to hold or develop them, unless you just want to shoot for small gains. If you do that, the cost of reg fees will soon surpass whatever small profits you get from a sale here and there.
 
Sure hope you meet the Nexus regs. there Ice. Don't want to be messing up on these things now that I noticed you're from Sweden.

If you're ok on those, the name could be used for any US high school and college players that might want a vanity name as the Duke suggests. Doc
 
excellent prefix keyword usage.

goodluck.

I have yet too purchase a .us (although) there are many still available which have worthy keyword prefix's..
This does help enhance your engine rank..

Be sure to snag the
Football-Player.us
and the plural's.. too

GoodLuck
 
I hadn't thought about fantasy football. That's a good idea Doberry. I don't play it but I know it's very big - the local radio sports talk shows even have the "coaches" on to talk about who they will be "playing" this weekend. Talk about boring!
 
what is fantasy football?
 
Originally posted by icehole
what is fantasy football?

Basically, some guys (the coaches) form a league and hold a draft where they take turns selecting real life NFL players for their "teams". Then during the season they win or lose based on how well the players they selected perform. It has become very popular here among people who have entirely too much time on their hands. :)
 
LOL

seems like something for sportnuts.
 
The Duke indicated:

“.US is like freshly bottled wine…”

As the Duke has always been correct, I ran a proprietary numerical analysis of domain values to determine if .US was in fact like freshly bottled wine.

I compared the value of domains to liquor store and common supermarket items. What I found will astonish you – so please brace yourself before reading further.

My research found that domain name values correlated closest to BANANAS NOT liquor!!!!

Thus, I would say the .US domain is in the green stage. Trust me, you do not want to eat them now. It will be enormously beneficial to wait until there is just a little yellow. In fact, because no one else had eaten one, there is no one to ask how they taste.

On the other hand, most .COMs have a large number of black spots. If you check the entire bunch carefully, you may find an eatable one, but you have to pick carefully.

Got to go, I have a half-drunk bottle of wine waiting for me. And yeh, I also have to check on my bananas – I mean - .USs.

Good luck
 
Originally posted by William9
My research found that domain name values correlated closest to BANANAS NOT liquor!!!!

Thus, I would say the .US domain is in the green stage. Trust me, you do not want to eat them now. It will be enormously beneficial to wait until there is just a little yellow. In fact, because no one else had eaten one, there is no one to ask how they taste.

On the other hand, most .COMs have a large number of black spots. If you check the entire bunch carefully, you may find an eatable one, but you have to pick carefully.


LOL :laugh:

William it sounds like you might have taken advantage of 2 for 1 night at the liquor store!

Somehow you still manage to make sense though! Great analogy. Wonder if we can make banana bread out of all of those spotted bananas being dropped every day?
 
Duke, you have me confused – so its yourmove – do you want to grab the bananas the pickers missed or make banana bread? I think the only two bananas I found on the ground so-far were photo-gallery.info and picture-gallery.info (ok non-domain specific ovatures – what do you think?). As far as making banana bread, I’ll check, but I think I posted the instructions at www.whole.info Regardless, got to get back to the 2 for 1 sale.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom