Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.fr domains slow to register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xonium

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just registered a .fr domain. It has been registered with registerfly and i seem to own it there but it's not registered at any whois, and not even at registerflys own whois ^^. Does it take long time for .fr domains to show up at whois?

Domain Summit 2024

YOYOYO

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I know .fr domains are only processed at afnic.fr from the hours of 9am to 6pm, monday to friday, and that is French time, which is 6 hours earlier than the U.S.

So if you registered a name today, you would had to have done so before 12 noon U.S time, and that would be even probably too late as I believe the actual cut off time to process names is closer 10 or 11am U.S. time

I believe though that your request is already sent to afnic.fr, and has it's spot resevered in their que, so if someone tries to register the same name after your attempt, you will get the name.

It is also hard to say though how well registerfly handles their .fr requests

I think you may possibly want to try a registrar in France in the future, since I see your message was posted about 6 hours earlier than my answer, which should have put you in the correct time frame to have the domain registered.

I see you're from Sweeden, so you were in the right time zone. The domain should show up by 10am tommorrow at afnic.fr whois, if you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom