Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Frank disses .mobi at Domainfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've never developed any website, but when I do, I would make sure I don't do it on anything other than a .com.

Why?

Because I don't want the .com owner to get free type-ins from all MY hardwork. Simple logic. Why should anyone benefit from the hardwork you put in to your website? The .com owner can just sit and watch his PPC fly, while you sweat it out to get your website up the rankings.

Thats my main problem with ANY extension when it comes to developing...I'm selfish.
No matter what you do, how popular .mobi becomes, 20% of your traffic will still go to the .com.

And that sucks.

Resale is a different ballgame altogether.

Branding is one thing and development is another. Development gets you ranked in Google.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I don't get, WTF happened to the .US extention? Why has it taken a nose dive in sales? I would take a .US name of any .mobi name in a heartbeat!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What I don't get, WTF happened to the .US extention? Why has it taken a nose dive in sales? I would take a .US name of any .mobi name in a heartbeat!

I remained loyal to the com/net/org trinity and I don't regret it. About 95% of my portfolio is just that.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remained loyal to the com/net/org trinity and I don't regret it. About 95% of my portfolio is just that.

I honestly don't own many either. Probably 10. All good keywords. For me now, I plan on developing most of them due to the keyword. Not planning on selling them for a huge profit anytime soon.

I'm still a .org fan and of course a .com fan. With the .net, I am hit and miss with it.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
um... .mobi is not for the technology, it is an alternative to get "type-ins". .mobi's popularity may just creep up on us and bite us in the rear!:eek:

im not drawing any conclusions on .mobi fate. Japan is finally getting into this extension. honestly, id rather have a .com than a .mobi, but all of the good .coms are gone...:disappointed:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators