• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers Free Hosting Site For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6154

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
I'm selling FreeHTTP.com with 1750+ hosted subdomains (members).

The site was designed off a template. It uses the xpanel script. I'll take the highest offer over $500 in a bidding format. Post your bids. Bidding closes 24 hours after the last bid.

Here is some info on how the site works:
Users sign up for a free subdomain such as dragonslayer.freehttp.com. Administrator (you) goes in to admin control panel to approve or decline. Once approved, email goes to client with login instructions. They can create a database and upload their files. Check out xpanel.net to see what the control panel can do. HTML sites automatically get header ad code added. PHP sites must put code in to run the ads.

Users are required to put "ad" code on every one of their pages. I've never followed up on this. However, the site has been generating on average of $2.50 per day for the last month and grows ever so slowly. Many sites don't have the code on their sites and probably would if I emailed them. I've never emailed any of the members either. The site would probably generate alot more revenue if I did. I'm just so darned busy. You can see an example of the ad code by looking at the top ad on the home page.

The entire server uses up less than 3GB/month transfer and under 1GB disk space. I'd say that 90% of the members don't have any real website up. There is an active forum that has built a small community of support. I don't support the forum, it's all self-supported.

So, the entire site makes about $75/month ($78.80 in Aug) and gets just a few signups a day. I'd like to dump the server so the buyer will need to move the site and I will help. I can host it for 30 days while the buyer makes arrangements. You'll probably want to purchase the latest version of the xpanel script too.

Payment would be by Paypal or certified check. I reserve the right to refuse to sell to anybody if I feel something is not right.

Please post your questions or bids and I'll respond to them. This is my first time selling (lots of buying) so let me know if I need to post more information.

Thanks
 
How do you generate the revenue? Please let me know, I would be willing to offer $500.
 
That's a lot of members for a site that has zero PR and zero backlinks? You would think at least one of those free subdomains would have been indexed by Google.

Do you have any decent search engine rankings to speak of?
 
Revenue is from ads on the main site and on member sites. Many have put the ad code on their forums.

The site had a PR of 2 until just a few weeks ago. Another site of mine also lost it's pr. I don't know why. I did some advertising at google for a nickle a click. I think it must be word of mouth now or google searches because I get a few signups every day. I used to get 40 signups a day when I was running ads on google. I spent about $2.00/day advertising for about a two months. I haven't really done much with the site for months. But, it's bringing in revenue and has a good domain name.
 
I am will to pay $525.00 Thank you
 
I am willing to pay $530, thanks
 
I am bidding $565.
 
Can you please send the stats for the main site as well as the stats for the hosted sites? out of 1750 users how many are active? how do you prune teh members?

I am assuming you are displaying adsense ads in member sites too. Right?

Thanks
 
ajiabs said:
Can you please send the stats for the main site as well as the stats for the hosted sites? out of 1750 users how many are active? how do you prune teh members?

I am assuming you are displaying adsense ads in member sites too. Right?

Thanks

Here are the bandwidth graphs:
http://mrtg.fastservers.net/he/workdir/sw31_fa0_10.html

Here are the webalizer reports (Note, I just cut/pasted the html to a file):
http://www.freehttp.com/webalizer/

Note that the webalizer stats are only for the domain freehttp.com. The xpanel program that sets up the subdomains bypasses cpanel so there are no reports available for the subdomains. However, in the xpanel control panel you can see bandwidth and disk space usage. There are 1750+ subdomains and 90% are 0 bandwidth and 0 disk space usage.

You manage users through the xpanel admin screen. You can approve/delete and you can view their signup stats and their usage.

Let me know if you need more info. I think it will be hard to show the xpanel graphs but will certainly do that prior to any finalized sale.
 
I am willing to bid 560 as long as I can see the xpanel graphs.
 
The high bid is $565 right now so you would need to bid higher than that. Minimum of $10 increments please.

I'll be happy to show the graphs prior to the completion of the sale.
 
jondolar said:
Users are required to put "ad" code on every one of their pages. I've never followed up on this. However, the site has been generating on average of $2.50 per day for the last month and grows ever so slowly. Many sites don't have the code on their sites and probably would if I emailed them. I've never emailed any of the members either. The site would probably generate alot more revenue if I did. I'm just so darned busy. You can see an example of the ad code by looking at the top ad on the home page.

I'm pretty sure you can do the ad code from apache and then you wouldn't be dependent on your customers to add it. I just read about this a few weeks back at WebHostingTalk. The tricky part, I think, was that its a manual deal to add the code in apache, so you'd need to write some script or something to go and add it. I'd include a tracker in that code as well so you could get global stats easily.
 
PM sent to winning bidder coolruss.

Thank you to all that participated.
 
regarding MRTG you cannot even get 1000 hits / day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom