Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

free .info 's and stupid marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.info is a strong TLD now and this may have both effects discussed. I can see wholesalers paying less figuring that someone got if for free. On the other hand, the less available domains for registration, the more scarce good info names become raising value. I tried to take some advantage, but have only found about 20 names I thought worth registering under the freebie program.

In many cases, I've found I get higher prices if other TLD's are taken and similar names are not available. I really wish biz names would run the promotion so that my info customers could not consider that as an available alternative. I sometimes have posted available biz names where I own the info in hopes some newbies would register the biz making my info increase in value. Lately, I just register the biz myself to package them if the biz fits the TLD.

I really wouldn't worry too much over pricing. If you look at the DNJournal article, info is still having some good high sales in the last week.

Also, I am reading the TOS of these offer carefully. If you buy one from Dotster, you can't really sell until January 1, 2004 due to their restriction on changing the registrant name. I normally buy and hold, so it's not a big deal to me, but if you buy and immediately put up for sale, then you'll have to change your method slightly.

Here's a few I just picked up, which are mostly taken in other TLD's, showing there are still some good infos to be found:
tabulate.info
sprains.info
multiplayergaming.info
bookdeal.info
wirecutter.info
wirecutters.info
condemned.info
autistics.info
soccerrules.info
billiardtable.info
divecharters.info
divecharter.info
soccerfield.info
sewercleaning.info
footballrules.info

Also, if you park on PPC, you can't go wrong with free domains. Even if you only earn $5.00 over a year and then let it drop, you are ahead.

bhasllc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every Dawn has has a Dusk ahead and every Dusk has a Dawn ahead. Lol..... This is just the start. Don't worry... this is gona change soon.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dotster are still free, GD 1.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom