• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Future Domain Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
681
Reaction score
0
At this point, I think I'm done paying to go to any more domain shows.

I will go to shows that are free or offer reimbursement to customers with minimal revenue requirements like Domainsponsors DomainFest shows. I just got back from the Amsterdam show and had a great time, and it was free.

Domain Roundtable - Forget it.
Traffic - Forget it.

Everyone that runs these shows needs to smarten up and realize we will no longer pay thousands of dollars for the same old crap and content just to go have some drinks with our friends.

If they want to make money on their shows they need to make it from the sponsors, not from us.
 
I'll toast to that!
 
I feel the same way, however I think there entitled to make money and charge admission, I think paying $300 to attend one of these conferences is a fair amount, I think its outrageous to pay anymore than $500. I heard the arguments on this subject, most from Rick Schwartz himself when I was trying to justify the cost to my husband, and we just couldn't buy into his logic for the high priced admission cost.

I remember attending the Internext convention in Las Vegas, Rick was one of the speakers and touched on this very subject, I took notes and one of the things he said was this;

Anyone who is not willing to pay $5K to $10K to attend one of our tradeshows are "time wasters"

Nonsense

I for one am NOT willing to pay that amount, and I dont consider myself a time waster, I do between $100K-$170K in domain sales every year, and nearly 50K a year in domain revenue, Yes, you can make the argument I can increase my earnings or double it by attending one of these tradeshows, but there is NO assurance that will happen.
 
I feel the same way, however I think there entitled to make money and charge admission, I think paying $300 to attend one of these conferences is a fair amount, I think its outrageous to pay anymore than $500. I heard the arguments on this subject, most from Rick Schwartz himself when I was trying to justify the cost to my husband, and we just couldn't buy into his logic for the high priced admission cost.

I remember attending the Internext convention in Las Vegas, Rick was one of the speakers and touched on this very subject, I took notes and one of the things he said was this;

Anyone who is not willing to pay $5K to $10K to attend one of our tradeshows are "time wasters"

Nonsense

I for one am NOT willing to pay that amount, and I dont consider myself a time waster, I do between $100K-$170K in domain sales every year, and nearly 50K a year in domain revenue, Yes, you can make the argument I can increase my earnings or double it by attending one of these tradeshows, but there is NO assurance that will happen.

Exactly. I think they should charge $100K admission in order to prove their point.
 
I think there entitled

Raider girl you have a hangup on theres.

Examples:

their = It's their dog.

there = There goes the dog.

they're = They're the dog's owner.

See spot run. Run spot run. :)
 
Raider girl you have a hangup on theres.

Examples:

their = It's their dog.

there = There goes the dog.

they're = They're the dog's owner.

See spot run. Run spot run.

hahahahaahahahaha

*breathe*

hahahahahahahahah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom