Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

FYI--see ya ENOM!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domain registration $8.95/yr
URL forwarding =$9.95/yr
Email forwarding=$9.95/yr
Cost of ownership = Too much

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNbuy: I guess you have not visited GoDaddy's home page for quite some time :) They have

a) eliminated domain forwarding fee - it's FREE now!
b) slashed e-mail forwarding charge to just 99 cents for a 5-pack

And with ownership transfer now free as well, I would say they are the best registrar around, even for end-users who registered just a couple of names.

Frankly though, I never need their domain or e-mail forwarding; since as a reseller, you should have your own hosting plan that includes all these at no extra cost, right?

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*cu_buffs wrote: Push names to others-again, whatever that means.

It means FREE ownership change done in 5 seconds by you, without having to wait for the registrar and without having to contact anybody. No paperwork. No hassle.

This feature is an absolute must have for a reseller. In my opinion, it truly is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm suprised you didn't know that since you had domains with ENOM.

*cu_buffs wrote: Have fun with your Name-By-Phone

It's called name-MY-phone, and it's really pretty cool. It allows your mobile phone to receive text messages from your domain name: web site. If your domain is dnforum.com then you set up phone.dnforum.com and people can go there and send you messages anytime. Wherever you are you will be able to receive those text messages on your mobile phone or other text device almost instantly. You also get 6 different skin interfaces to choose from and it takes about 1 minute to set up.

There is also name-my-map: this is also useful. Say you are having a party and you want to give somebody directions. You just enter the address information and set up map.dnforum.com and people can go there and see a full blown map that is powered by MAPQUEST. You can zoom in and out, get all sorts of reference points, get a print of the map, and even download the map to your PDA. You can even get an aerial photo of the area to zoom.

While these are not features that you can't live without, they are useful and cool and best of all FREE!

E

EroGenius

Is it just me though... or does anyone else think the WildWestDomains.com reseller interface look like ASS? I was checking them out, and while Go-Daddy themselves may look better, their reseller program is still... eh... for me. Then again, not everyone cares about reselling or design subtlties.

Interesting pricing model though. Good credit card transaction fees.

~ EG

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, WildWestDomains.com's design is not good at all.... but who am I to judge this?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Go Daddy. They try to make it difficult to transfer names by hiding Whois or forcing notarized documents. Face it, That's what we all want to do...Transfer names.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*gregr wrote: Face it, That's what we all want to do...Transfer names.

You said it greg... and as quick & easily as possible.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think they no longer require notarized agreements to transfer names. it used to be very annoying so they changed it

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that eNom actively supports spamming by it's affiliates - and even goes as far as making up fake affiliates so that it can spam on it's own with impunity.

That's what happens when you let unethical marketing-types run a company.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
Just be aware that eNom actively supports spamming by it's affiliates - and even goes as far as making up fake affiliates so that it can spam on it's own with impunity.

Is this a fact and do yu have some sort of evidence to convince me?
Thanks...

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert

That's what happens when you let unethical marketing-types run a company.

Dear Drewber,

It may be true that some members may be keen to resell domains so that they email and ask others to switch to them. But I think not all of the members do this.

In fact, I thinks customers always have a clear eye to see what is best for them. Right

Best regards

PrimeDNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators