• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Gaming site worth starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Hi,

Is there enough income running free flash gaming site?

I see tons of site running with "GameSiteScript" and "GameScripts.net".

Is it worth to start one?

Any member with such site, speak up :-)

Jonathan
 
well look at it from a user's perspective..

all sites have the samething in common..

can you offer something other sites dont?

if you can answer that question then yes its worth it to put the effort :)

good luck regardless!
 
Add weekly prizes and thats your thing. Maybee leaderboards and other things liek that.
 
Do NOT purchase phparcadesceipt. Cant comment on the others.
 
BLazeD said:
Do NOT purchase phparcadesceipt. Cant comment on the others.
What went wrong with phpArcadeScript?
 
be prepared to donate lots of time and work to maintain the site
 
adill420 said:
well look at it from a user's perspective..
all sites have the samething in common..
can you offer something other sites dont?
if you can answer that question then yes its worth it to put the effort :)
good luck regardless!
Thanks for the input :-)

Matvey-2901 said:
Add weekly prizes and thats your thing. Maybee leaderboards and other things liek that.
Thanks.
Have any actual experience with game site?
Revenue?

BLazeD said:
Do NOT purchase phparcadesceipt. Cant comment on the others.
Bad experience with it, huh?
How was your revenue?
Actually, I am thinking GameSiteScript.

Anyone made positive cashflow?

Thanks,
Jonathan
 
BLazeD said:
Do NOT purchase phparcadesceipt. Cant comment on the others.

Lets just say its worth the little extra to pick up another script where you can actually transfer your license if you are planning on reselling your sites or changing domain names.

Phparcadescript's support took a month, yes I said month, to give the ok to transfer my license to another domain name of mine. Too bad their system does not use a real license system so my site was up and running before they gave "the approval". Not to mention they were supposed to release a new template months ago.

Save the hastle and get one of the other two larger ones out there. Support is better and script is written more professionally.
 
MrTut said:
be prepared to donate lots of time and work to maintain the site
Made/Making any $?

Thanks

jdk said:
Phparcadescript's support took a month, yes I said month, to give the ok to transfer my license to another domain name of mine. Too bad their system does not use a real license system so my site was up and running before they gave "the approval". Not to mention they were supposed to release a new template months ago.
How was your revenue when you had game site?
Come on, spill the bean:-)
Thanks
 
well honestly

starting an arcade site is so cheap you might as well do it and i am sure if you dedicate time to it you will make it back and possibly much more!

also yes stay away from phparcadescript

the support is horrible..took me some serious time and nagging before they decided to give attention
 
I just invested 800$ on a game site will see what happens..
 
DominoKing_com said:
I just invested 800$ on a game site will see what happens..
Did you buy existing site or starting new?

I budgeted $1,000 to start new.
 
Nah I just payed for coding 800$ got some games for about 70$ ripped off :)

http://www.webgamesfree.com/sample

that is how it is going to look when all done.. I designed it but my programer took a nice 800$ chunk from me ;)
 
$800?
For what?
I think that's too much just for coding game site.
Coder at GameSiteScript and GameScripts Forum can do
it for about 100 - 200, $400 if you need special coding.

Your design looks great, though :-)

DominoKing_com said:
Nah I just payed for coding 800$ got some games for about 70$ ripped off :)

http://www.webgamesfree.com/sample

that is how it is going to look when all done.. I designed it but my programer took a nice 800$ chunk from me ;)
 
I know its too much but its late now :)
He will program area so visitors must register to play, newsletter, Amazon store and so on..
 
wow..thats still a lot..i paid $180 for licensed script, nice nice design and an ok domain..last 15 days i averaged about $50/day

i got a few unique things going on though...i think thats the catch..
 
I think its worth it if it is a custom created.
 
There are so many game sites out there, 90% of them with the same games. If you have something new to offer go for it, otherwise it will just be another site amongst thousands.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom