• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Garage.net on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably worth 4k but I can't see a reason to buy a .net unless you already own the .com. All domain names are on the net so you don't have to state the (.net) obvious imo. You would also lose traffic to the .com. However in this case I guess the value is in the keyword and perhaps some type-in traffic.
 
Watcher, so you were the highest bidder? How much do you think this name worth?
 
Sorry I don't share my appraisal in public because I have intention of reselling it.
 
:-) I thought the name wasn't sold
 
Yes correct. I'm still trying to get hold of the current owner.
 
I see, ok, sorry, I do understand now why you don't want to apraise the domain
 
TheWatcher, so did you get it ?

Also the high bidder ckrasnova was a non payer ? Why did he leave her positive feedback ?
 
Probably worth 4k but I can't see a reason to buy a .net unless you already own the .com. All domain names are on the net so you don't have to state the (.net) obvious imo. You would also lose traffic to the .com. However in this case I guess the value is in the keyword and perhaps some type-in traffic.

Sure the .com is better, but there are many reasons to buy the .net...just check on dnjournal. I just sold a 2 word.net to an enduser who did not have the .com for $2xxx. .net is #2 to a lot of people...especially in the US. A few years ago I may have agreed with you (about not buying the .net unless you own the .com)...but I am seeing many businesses use the .net and also .us in the united states and spending xxxx to do it (at least).
 
TheWatcher, so did you get it ?

Also the high bidder ckrasnova was a non payer ? Why did he leave her positive feedback ?
It appears that the DN was auctioned and then sold to the highest bidder in a buy it now listing

Item 110025143167 was an auction that did not reach reserve at Sep-02-06 14:31:58 PDT
Item 110028405948 was a buy it now item that sold at Sep-02-06 17:02:37 PDT
Therefore the seller gave the buyer feedback on the buy it now listing
 
If it sold at $3450...I think that is a steal.
 
Quality dictionary domains will always be a hot commodity.
 
We bought it from ckrasnova for 18k, it was to late to negotiate with the original owner
 
I don't know if "she" is a member here. I know it is kind a lot of money, but my partner insisted we should take this one. Didn't know it was eventually sold on ebay though
 
but this is not the one where it was sold, which one is the one where it was sold?
 
ok, nevermind, I found it. Looks like they made a lot of money of me :-).
Anyway, i think it was a fair price
 
Oops..lol never even noticed that, I am blind sometimes.

Its a solid solid word.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom