Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Geophysics.com -- question?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tedd

Hi:

I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I'm a Geophysicist and own the domain name of "Geophysics.com" as well as the web site. I'm retiring and don't need the name any longer.

The site receives about 50-100 hits a day and has been in operation since 1997.

Any idea of how much I should ask for the name?

Many thanks to all who reply.

tedd

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
makes the name very attractive to those who're in the filed but not so for the public at large. Your best bet would be the major players in the field of geophysics and in this particular situation, I don't think it'd be neccesarily a bad idea to directly contact them; you may wana seek professional/legal advice before this.

All in all, I believe the name should be worth in mid to high 4 figures (in $$) to an end-user; a big corp. may even go for more!!

Good luck with you retirement.

D

domainquestion

It's a good name. Like any other domain, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I agree with what dryheat said about contacting those who would have a major interest in the name. A corporation who really wanted the name would likely pay well for it.

If there are journals/magazine that deal with geophysics (and it would surprising if there weren't), you may want to place some kind of advertisement for the name.

In my non-professional opinon, the name should be worth anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000.

Good luck.

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Retiring? Why? Sold many quality names? (J/K)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Tedd - I've been retired for a year now myself, Congrats!

Geophysics.com - is a site so a lot more valuable than a domain. Put a for sale sign on part of it's index page - targeted customers are those those that visit your site. $1,000 would be a good start - might go higher or lower depending on how fast you want to unload it.

T

tedd

Hi:

Many thanks for the replies.

I think I'll place a "For Sale" sign on the site and see what happens. At least now I have some support for what I think it's worth.

As for retiring, it's only from Geophysics. I'm playing in the domain name thing as well and will be frequenting this forum.

tedd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators