• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Getting spammed by "Eric Hudson"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
13
It's like this, I've been getting spammed by an individual calling himself "Eric Hudson" and wanted to see if the same thing has been happening to you guys.

I've probably received 10 emails from him for various domains, by now. That is all well and fine, but when I reply with something along the lines of "please go ahead and make your offer" I never hear back from him (go figure).

His emails are all on the same generic form:

----------------------------
Dear Sir/Madame,

I am interested in acquiring the domain name: -domain-.

If you are interested in selling -domain-, please reply to this email with your price.

Thank You,
Eric Hudson
----------------------------
 
Please post the headers, there is a chance he is a member of this forum and this is an alias. When I confronted him in public he didn't care to respond.
 
like this:



Hudson <[email protected]> to diu.net
show details
Apr 13


Dear Sir/Madame,

I am interested in acquiring the domain name: diu.net
If you are interested in selling diu.net please reply to this email with your price.

Thank You,

Eric Hudson

Received: from unknown (HELO [email protected]) ([email protected]@83.233.169.20 with login)
 
There

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to: -my@email-
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:38:06 -0500
Received: from [68.142.229.103] (helo=smtp102.sbc.mail.re2.yahoo.com)
by -myserver- with smtp (Exim 4.52)
id 1Hggl4-00074x-H8
for -my@email-; Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:38:06 -0500
Received: (qmail 3383 invoked from network); 25 Apr 2007 12:38:02 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO [email protected]) ([email protected]@83.233.168.5 with login)
by smtp102.sbc.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; 25 Apr 2007 12:38:02 -0000
X-YMail-OSG: M30AKhgVM1m7hLNAqNq3YLLRlG0yAsN3yPUJS9et5kpGVOGi.tr9aGT2OmF.B6L43m.p6NxA3xGsguCco5NmOz64S1zzx4YUyqLTHD3ln8qIO1wmwVXgjhMI9RXNfa_TFoJoWZ.63bW4uQ--
Reply-To: "Eric Hudson" <[email protected]>
From: "Eric Hudson" <[email protected]>
To: "-my domain-" <-my@email->
Subject: Domain Name: -my domain-
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:38:00 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 000735-2, 23-04-2007), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
 
Got the same email from dninquiries.
 
...when I reply with something along the lines of "please go ahead and make your offer" I never hear back from him (go figure)...

That is easy to figure out as it is par for the course. Most all prospective buyers who contact us by email simply do not respond. I would estimate that at least 90% or more of the email inquiries I have received over several yrs meet with no response when I email them back.

It also seems to make no difference how you word your reply, either long or short reply, give details about the domain such as stats, or nothing about it, make an offer invitations, specific BIN price given, price range given, etc. they will rarely reply for some very odd reason I can never figure out.

What makes it really odd is often they have no idea how much you want for it. For all they know you may be willing to sell the xxx or xxxx name for only xx but they never bother to find out. Really strange and something which drives me crazy in this business.

P.S. It is so maddening and weird I often do not bother to respond anymore.
 
I don't mind getting lowball offers or inquiries via email. What I do mind though, are spam emails whereupon the WHOIS data has been mined and the perpetrator is simply emailing a list of people who own a series of domains, using the same template email. There are at least 3 people in this forum that are known for doing this.
 
Yeah,

I got one from him today.
 
That is easy to figure out as it is par for the course. Most all prospective buyers who contact us by email simply do not respond. I would estimate that at least 90% or more of the email inquiries I have received over several yrs meet with no response when I email them back.

It also seems to make no difference how you word your reply, either long or short reply, give details about the domain such as stats, or nothing about it, make an offer invitations, specific BIN price given, price range given, etc. they will rarely reply for some very odd reason I can never figure out.

What makes it really odd is often they have no idea how much you want for it. For all they know you may be willing to sell the xxx or xxxx name for only xx but they never bother to find out. Really strange and something which drives me crazy in this business.

P.S. It is so maddeining and weird I often do not bother to respond anymore.
Isn't that the truth.

My experience is the same as yours basically. Doesn't matter if I reply with a price range, minimum asking price or just invite offers, they usually don't bother replying.

Be that as it may, this guy CONTINUES to write me... I replied to a couple of his first emails, but like with your case it got old fast as no reply is received.

Sarcle said:
The email address [email protected] is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 0 (0% positive).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...an&btnG=Search

http://www.xanga.com/the8znman
Dun dun dunnnnn, and the plot thickens
 
Dun dun dunnnnn, and the plot thickens


Um is this damitssam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5839828559

the8znman
Freshman Lounger

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4

Talking *USED* Ipod Mini PACKAGE! 3 Hours left!
hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5839828559

Replace the XX with TT

Please note the following before bidding:

YES, the Belking FM transmitter you see in the picture IS in included... I just forgot to add it to the auction.

I lost ALL the boxing for the ipod mini, meaning I lost my manual and instructions booklet. I do have my CD still though.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=224076

http://whois.domaintools.com/ben.net


Domain Name: BEN.NET

Registrant [168046]:
Samuel Huang
3701 Stockport Drive
Plano
TX
75025
US
 
Ben.net is on sale on dnforum.com right now...
 
Ben.net is on sale on dnforum.com right now...

Please note I am not accusing anyone just posing the question.

Since the myspace page user's name is "Sam" same as the Xanga's page. The person using this obscure username "the8znman" is from Plano Texas. The links from this username in the google results lead to a damitssam's ebay account. I traced the whois from damitssam's latest sale and is under Sam and from Plano Texas. But this person is still in high-school apparently so let's wait until school gets out to find out. I believe everyone has a right to speak for themselves.
 
So did the spamming die down then after this post?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom