• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

giving away free domain with traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemsergio

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
thank you name has been given away
 
The domain in question is allowes.com which is a mispell of allowe.com.
Why am I giving it away?
Because I have being threaten by lowes.com that this is a trademark infrangment which is totally not infact if you see what ppl are searching on domainsponsor you will clearly see that nothing concerns anything related to lowes.com
So if you are interested in fighting a just cause drop a line.
I would suggest to do not be a resident of the US.
Anyway Need to make it ASAP
Let me know right away

FYI if you have already been served w/a C&D you can still be deemed liable for damages especially if you transfer to smbdy else ;) the fact you also post this in this section which is google indexable doesn't help your cause much...
 
Scenes from 'Dumb and Dumber' come to mind :-D
 
MindZero, dont make a dumb move.

You dont want that under your belt. Trust me.
 
Why not just tell Lowes they can have it? You'll probably get a gift card out of it not to mention good karma!
 
Why not just tell Lowes they can have it? You'll probably get a gift card out of it not to mention good karma!
I agree with WeBuyThe.Com - If you want to give the domain, give to them.

You are only making domainers look like "stupid"...
 
I have to agree, while it may not have anything to do with lowes, it does have the term "lowes" in it. If you are going to give it away anyway, why not just give it to Lowes?
 
because the domain is not concerning them at all I have not received a c and d letter by the way
 
Because I have being threaten by lowes.com that this is a trademark infrangment which is totally not infact if you see what ppl are searching

Enough has been said, you are clearly looking at TM issues with this domain name, and if lowes took the time to contact you, however they may have done it; they will surely take action to pry the name from the owners hand. Also if you push the domain name to another fellow domainer, you are clearly admitting to guilt. Besides the fact that whomever you push the domain name to will potentially be facing legal troubles; as will you for being the former owner of the domain name in question. Im not a lawyer, nor do I have legal status to give you professional advice. My suggestion however, would be to do a simple push to lowes, unless you yourself want to stand up to them; since you are "fighting a just cause."
 
You can also try to sell it to HomeDepot :-D

j/k
 
I fully agree, but what's done cannot be undone now. The 'damage' has been dealt. A vicious cycle awaits..
 
Be prepared to face more trouble from members here if you're ever selling a TM Domain and might claim you havent received any type of letter or email. Which might be true, but this action is frowned upon.

good-day
 
gemsergio said:
Because I have being threaten by lowes.com that this is a trademark infrangment which is totally not

How do you define "I've been threatened by lowes.com, if you've not received C&D? I'm very curious...
 
If the lowes.com people actually think that allowes.com is a trademark infringement, then I do not want to shop there anymore.

Search
lowes
on google.com and look at all the different websites in the results.
 
eBay does the same thing with domains that contain "bay".
 
You should have made a page describing this story, it would imho be a fair use and also would make them look stupid.
 
Interesting enough the name still appears to be up parked and running as normal...enjoy good revenue while stock lasts!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom