Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy.com stole my domains, and ignores me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Lugo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On August 19th, 2009 GoDaddy.com locked my primary account and all associated domain names because the account was "Suspected of Fraudulent Activity‏".
On August 19th, GoDaddy requested a photo-ID, and on the same day of this request I provided them with this.
On August 21st, I received this in reply:
Support Staff Response said:
Due to the history of payment disputes regarding the services on your account we will no longer be able to assist you.

Regards,

Fraud Department
On August 21st, I replied to the ticket stating there were never payment disputes on my account. I was ignored.
On August 30th, I replied to the ticket with the following, I was ignored:
Victor Lugo said:
==========================
BANK RECORDS

DBT PURCHASE ON 01/26 @ 17:05 -17.49 GODADDY.COM GODADDY.COM 480-5058855 AZ CARD NBR: -9201
--REGISTRATION OF L***.BE, RECEIPT NUMBER: 150055935

DBT PURCHASE ON 07/20 @ 07:04 -7.67 GODADDY.COM GODADDY.COM 480-5058855 AZ CARD NBR: -9201
--REGISTRATION OF W********.COM, RECEIPT NUMBER: 181419447

DBT PURCHASE ON 07/19 @ 18:18 -19.21 GODADDY.COM GODADDY.COM 480-5058855 AZ CARD NBR: -9201
--TRANSFER OF G******.COM, REGISTRATION OF G******.NET/G******.ORG/G******.INFO, RECEIPT NUMBER: 179473123

PAYPAL RECORDS

Aug. 18, 2009 Payment To GoDaddy.com, Inc. Refunded Details -7.99 0.00 -$7.99 USD
--TRANSFER OF M*******.US, RECEIPT NUMBER: 186964402

Aug. 18, 2009 Payment To GoDaddy.com, Inc. Completed Details -19.99 0.00 -$19.99 USD
--TRANSFER OF O*******.ME, RECEIPT NUMBER: 186945392

Feb. 21, 2009 Payment To GoDaddy.com, Inc. Reversed Details -25.36 0.00 -$25.36 USD
--REGISTRATION OF D******.COM/D******.INFO, RECEIPT NUMBER: 154636714
----Domains cancelled due to failed Paypal bank transfer, rectified shortly thereafter

Jan. 28, 2009 Payment To GoDaddy.com, Inc. Completed Details -17.49 0.00 -$17.49 USD
--REGISTRATION OF A******.BE, RECEIPT NUMBER: 150458408

Jan. 28, 2009 Payment To GoDaddy.com, Inc. Completed Details -7.19 0.00 -$7.19 USD
--TRANSFER OF W*******.COM, RECEIPT NUMBER: 150249444
On September 3rd, I requested an update, I was ignored.
On September 14th, I again requested an update. This was after calling GoDaddy where I was told the incident was still "under investigation".
-In the meantime, I open several other tickets in an attempt to draw attention to incident# 7226149, all attempts to do so are ignored.
-I also called GoDaddy several times, where I am told the incident is still under investigation, and that I must work with this department directly, as they are separate from GoDaddy support.
On November 9th, I open incident# 7768221.
On November 9th, my Support Pin is requested, I provide this.
On November 10th, I receive this reply:
Support Staff Response said:
Dear Victor Lugo,

Thank you for your reply. I have looked into the escalation and they are still investigating this matter. You will need to respond directly from your original incident number 7226149 to prevent further delay in processing.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Dana P.
Online Support Team
On November 10th, I submit the following reply to GoDaddy:
Victor Lugo said:
Hello,

The initial ticket was opened on August 19, 2009 - Today is November 10, 2009.
According to you, the investigation has been ongoing for three months, and during this period my domain names have been under your control.

I have responded directly to the original incident number (7226149) several times, provided all requested documentation, and have been ignored.

I'm very upset with the lack of cooperation on your end, the canned responses, and the length (in time) of this investigation.
Please do not refer me to other tickets, I wish to resolve this investigation immediately, and to regain control of my domains.

-Victor
On November 14th, I request an update.
On November 16th, I receive the same response quoted above, beginning with "Due to the history...".
On November 16th, I request evidence associated with the alleged payment disputes regarding the services on my account. I am ignored.
On November 19th, I again request this evidence. I am ignored.
On November 22nd, I again request this evidence. I am ignored.

• The WHOIS information for all domains was changed.
  • The nameservers associated with all domains were changed.
  • Some domains expired during the GoDaddy investigation, I was never given a chance to renew.
  • I have requested the ability to transfer my domain names to another registrar, I am ignored.
  • Many of my domain names had established a positive Google Pagerank, this has all been lost.
GoDaddy has stolen my domain names, stolen my traffic, stolen my business, and continues to ignore me. What can I do?

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Posting here will hopefully help; Adam is GoDaddy VP or something, and GoDaddy have a rep here too.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a dedicated subforum for godaddy.

cocobongo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all

Good luck with that. You'll really need it. Or if you're in US, just do the proper thing: hire good lawyers, I'm quite sure that many of the things they do are illegal in US. I know in my country they'd be sued like in 5 minutes and any lawyer would kill to have such easy and winnable cases

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Victor,

I have looked into the matter and Go Daddy has responded to all your requests appropriately. The issue here is not Go Daddy.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom