Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy - Support? Hosting Directory Renamed Without Consent. How Legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Received a Mail from GoDaddy:

Support Staff ResponseDear Sir or Madam,

It has come to our attention that your hosting account for "DOMAINNAME" is causing an overload of the shared resources on this server. This, in turn, affects the usage of the server by other customers. To protect the overall health of the server, we have renamed your "DIRECTORYNAME" directory.

Unfortunately, we are not able to troubleshoot custom scripting, and therefore, we are not able to provide specific solutions.

Additionally, other causes to this issue can include, but are not limited to,non-optimized scripts, high traffic, form spamming, etc.

Onceyou have identified the cause of the issue, please reply directly to this email with the steps taken to resolve the issue. If you are not able to resolve this issue, you should then consider the need to upgrade to a Dedicated Server. If you have questions about this matter,
you may contact us by replying to this email or by calling 480-505-8871.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

Sincerely,

Matt C.
Hosting Support

My Query

Hi

Please can you give a clarification on how and why without any intimation the details were changed and manipulated without my consent.

Always make it a point and ensure going forward if there is any issue, it is well intimatedin advance (atleast a days time)

We cannot afford to have any website down or members and visitors getting effected

This is against your company policy and customer satisfaction deliverable.

Now, give me in details the usage that raised the criticality of the server load issue

Provide all the things in details.

In the mean while, will get in touch with my American partner to get in touch with your support staff,

Regards,
Dipendra Srivastava

How Legit it this?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question was:

How legit?

It is very legit. And they can not go into the server and change any custom script.

Plus, you are in the area perhaps of over usage which may incur more fees.

I had (have) similar issues with HostGator. Initially I was solely using Joomla. Joomla is so file heavy per site that I was exceeding their packet (?) numbers for a shared server. Only after I disabled numerous modules, plugins, mambots not in use (but auto installed with every Joomla install) did I fall back within their allowed parameters.

So this is very legit and normal if you exceeded the limits of any hosting.

microdude431

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And if you try contacting their customer service, they won't be of much help. Might be a good time to find another hosting company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom