Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed Golf domains?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just picked up these three domains yesterday. Now if you know nothing about golf or the golf world, then I will expect a $0 out of you. Anyways, I can't believe these were not taken.

majorchampionships.com
fourmajors.com
72holes.com

I could see some money being made off of majorchampionships.com , for example a site that obviously provides info on the past and present history of the 4 majors of golf, a place where you can purchase mechandise for the majors and/or purchase memorbilia.

Let me know your opinions

bryan

Domain Summit 2024

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you want, you could turn 72holes.com into something REALLY kinky hehe :D

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're going to need alot of marketing to get them off the ground - no value as they stand - develop and see what happens. (I have several golf domains and play golf - so your initial statement about golf ignorance doesn't hold much water with me).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'GolfCourses-USA.com" unregged

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are not great golf names. The first two could refer to other sports as well (for example tennis has four major championships) or in the case of fourmajors, someone might even think you are talking about the military. 72holes combines letters and numbers - which almost always deflates value. Having worked as a TV sportscaster for almost 20 years before starting my own business I can also tell you the four big tournaments are referred to much more often as the Grand Slam events rather than the four majors. The names on their own have only reg fee value. The quality of development would determine if a site with one of those names was worth more.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, don't feel like my comments about golf ignorance applies to you guys, I was trying to single out the individuals who may say something wrong about the value based soley on their knowledge of the sport. You are right on the majorchampionships.com, since alot of sports have them. I am surprised though, that a site like pgatour.com or the pga of america never registered a site like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom