• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Google Adsense Firefox, Picassa, referrals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
Does anyone have any tips on how to increase referrals for Firefox and Picassa through the Adsense program? I have links on my pages but seldom get a download. I would think that since they are free more people would click on them, just wondering if anyone has any good strategies to increase referrals.
 
a dedicated seo site works wonders/best.
 
probably most of your visitors already have firefox installed. or not comfortable changing to another browser.

i have 0 clickthrough of my firefox referral on my sites.


eg. no matter how i persistently telling my gf about how good is firefox... she still using internet explorer... she is too used to IE.
 
I have about 80-100 clicks and 3-5 install per day on firefox. Picasa doesn't convert at all for me.
 
I think those buttons are simply wasting ad space on site. CPC ads pay better. Its easy to get 1 click per 100 impressions than 1 user initiated installation per 1000 impressions!

I guess the conversion could be better if the installation was initiated by the browser automatically & the user just has to press "yes" or "no". Just like the spyware plugins get installed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom