Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Google PRx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is a Google PR#? How do I find out the PR of a domain? Thanks.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Grab yourself Google Toolbar. Go to a web site and Bob's your uncle...!

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use the Alexa toolbar now. Do you look at Alexa stats too or just Google's? Thanks.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have download the google toolbar and checked a few of my domains. What is considered a good pr? Above 5?

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google has the highest pr of 10 and it goes down, new sites have 0. the higher the better. google normally updates the sites PR once a month but for some reason they havent updated anyones PR for awhile, after this month it will be 2 months since a update

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see. I have a few domains with PR4. Is that low?

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its better than 3 but not as good as 5, i dont think PR is that important unless you are using it to get people to advertise on your site, the higher the pr on your site the more money you can charge for txt links and banner ads, i have a PR5 site and a PR3 site, my PR3 site is more popular and has more hits than the PR5 site, but my PR5 site has more quality links to it than the PR3 site

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have read the web of the pagerank and it says that,as you said, the rank depends on the number and quality of the links that aim to the site. Do you know web site with free links? And do you know if that could improve your pr? Thanks again.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what i done is i have txt links from my PR5 site to my other sites, my PR3 site is my bhd clan site so we have links on other clans sites, also different banner exchanges for bhd clans. my PR5 site i payed someone $5 a month and have it on 4 of there site's which are PR7's i think (cant remember now) and i have a few free links on other sites as i have added there link to my site

what alot of people do are link exchanges, they will put a txt link on there site to yours in return you put a txt link to there site, which is a free option

also add your site to www.DMOZ.org as you will get crawled more and alot of directory sites use dmoz to fill there site, so more links to your site

also add your links in your sig, i cant do it here as im only a gold member, but every other forum im a member of i have my links to my site, free form of advertising

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators