Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Using Broker

jrevard

Reaction score
I have never used a broker to get a domain name. Can someone give me a bit of info on how it works and how much I should expect to pay?

GoDaddy shows $69 as a standard broker fee. The domain I want may be desirable because it’s only two characters. Can anyone ballpark a number for me? Thanks!!

Also, there are tons of domain names that are bought up so using a broker is really becoming the only way to go.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Morning,

The bottom price for 2-letter .com's is 600k USD (usually would be paid by 1 domain name investor to another one)

Can you share is it a .com, .net, some other gtld, or some country extension (all 2-letter domain extensions are country extensions. .co -Colombia, .de - Germany, .co.uk UK and so on)?

Also, is it a combination of a number + letter? is there a hyphen in the middle?

.. don't tell us the name > extension and its structure would be enough for the beginning.

You can check the previous publicly reported sales at namebio.com - have you tried it before? You would probably need to start from there.

Best!
H

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy shows $69 as a standard broker fee
FYI most brokers will charge you a percentage of the sales price. The 69 dollars is for to get started I believe, as they don’t want to do it for free. But once the domain name is sold they’ll want a bigger cut. This can be up to 10% of the price, and I assume that would be from whomever hired them to buy or sell the name.

jrevard

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. The extension is.com and the structure is letter then number, no hyphen. I am not surprised the price is astronomical, but I had no idea so I had to ask. I guess I’ll just need to get more creative. 😉 If I get a less desirable name but it’s still brokered, what might be the bottom line on any given name with around 6 characters or so?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what might be the bottom line on any given name with around 6 characters or so?

There are sites to browse for such names, and you will have to decide on a budget for the name. The price can very wildly depending on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a brandable or a descriptive term etc.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom