• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Group buying?...Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
546
Okay...
I was looking at DCG's thread here. I thought I would like some of the names but not all of them.
The idea occured to me that partnering up with some other domainers that you know/trust might be the way to go.
But how to divide up the names?
Well I have been in fantasy sports keeper leagues for a dozen years now and I thought that the snake draft system for the names might be the way to go.
If 6 partners for the names each partner draws a number from 1 to 6.
#1 picks first
#2 second etc.
When it gets to #6 you start again but at #6 down to #1 then #1 to #6
1,2,3,4,5,6,6,5,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,6,5,4,3,2,1 etc...

This might be a good way to buy portfolios that have names you might otherwise never get. Most portfolios contain some throw aways but basically you are able to bid as a group with a fair way of dispersing the names.

Aterward you may want to trade or buy names that you didn't get...
All of this is contingent on finding partners you have trust in...I can think of quite a few here that I could trust...

Just food for thought for some maybe...

Jim
 
Interesting concept. But hard sell in a way.

Yes partners you trust but names you want overall. If a group of people were to get together and study the list and predetermne (rank) the ones the want the most THEN do the lottery type thing...

Or see some that need developing and co-develop or share revenue where the partners all have equal access to an AdSense or a parking account somewhere as in a Common UserName and a Common Password...

again, food for thought.

Thanks for feeding the brain.
 
It's a pain in the butt to manage partners.
 
Not talking about managing partners...these are short term ventures if the purchase is interesting to all...usually over in a day or two...
each have their names and you carry on...not complicated
 
Well, an air-tight stralegy has to be formulated completely before any action.
 
I have had a few ideas on this but do not have time to manage this.

I can tell you I know of about 500,000 available domains that would be profitable within a year if purchased.

Why haven't I bought them all? No time to develop all of them the way they need to be.

I will however be looking at this kind of thing in the next month or so.

-=DCG=-
 
Adam, I thought I put in the hours, but do you ever sleep?
 
Nah, this one is real.

The one in domain news is a bot. ;)

Anyways, I was thinking we could buy 100,000 domains and sell %'s in ownership or stock in in.

Open to ideas,

-=DCG=-
 
hi Adam, I wonder where did go the thread where you were telling us of your bulk purchase of about 4,000 LLLL.com last year....and someone told you that he was waiting the drops........and replied saing " I never drop names".

I can`t find that thread anymore.

I was curious about how much did that massive bulk purchase costed to you and what produced in revenue so far.....and where is that thread???

Thanks
 
I have to look up the details, overall i can tell you the 1000 4 letter .com's cost about 7k and I have sold just 6 for a total of 40K, so I have the rest have had intereste in mant others. Overall was definitely a good deal so far as I have received 5.5 years rev in sales on them with 4 years still to go.

so can't complain about that one.

-=DCG=-
 
I have to look up the details, overall i can tell you the 1000 4 letter .com's cost about 7k and I have sold just 6 for a total of 40K, so I have the rest have had intereste in mant others. Overall was definitely a good deal so far as I have received 5.5 years rev in sales on them with 4 years still to go.

so can't complain about that one.

-=DCG=-


Thanks for your answer, very appreciated. Ok so they were 1000 not 4000, I got confused, well done then! I suppose you already renewed all of the rest.

Best regards
 
A random number generator mabye assigned to the remaining llll.coms I would be interested. Short term we would likely win long term def
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom