Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Group Of Webmasters Confirm AdSense Payout Is Only A 5 - 7% Revenue Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend of mine, and apparently him and a group of about a half a dozen other webmasters have been running AdSense experiments recently. They were running AdWords campaigns on each others websites via AdSense, and then having other bystanders click their own ads to see where the chips fall.

The end results were that Google apparently bills advertisers for multiple clicks, but only pays out 1 click per user to the AdSense publisher [similar to Sedo's policy]. The other disturbing result, is that according to this batch of research, AdSense only pays out on average between 5 - 7% of what's billed to the AdWords advertiser, that's not including the substantial multiple click revenue they're pulling off the top as well.

Nice!

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow
That is what I call monopoly in all it's magnitude

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also read an interesting thread about adsense falling rev on another site with many webmasters weighing in..

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My adsense revenue and parking revenue have both went to crap the past two weeks. I dont know whats going on but this is very disappointing.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My adsense revenue and parking revenue have both went to crap the past two weeks. I dont know whats going on but this is very disappointing.

That's surprising but we can't prove it?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That could be why one of my domains went form $6 a click to about $0.20 a click. or just the first few clicks just happened to be the right keyword that didn't come up again.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's why people have been saying there needs to be some type of TRANSPARENCY.

Without it, we're being taken to the cleaners, and it doesn't matter if you park, or develop, you're most likely still getting fleeced and we have no idea of how much we're getting fleeced.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if that's true......un-f@#&ing believable!!......how the hell is anybody able to make $$ anymore these days???

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it was pay "per" click? :rolleyes: Heh, Is google going to call this "Click Fraud" if the testers call this "Class Action" if these tests are proven?
Bad move google....
I havent read googles terms lately but it probably mentions Multiple Clicks from Single IP agreements but anyhow, I'll be looking more into this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oddly, I've witnessed a substantial rise in my Sedo revenue vs. Parked. But AdSense is an entirely different horse. I am not surprised though, that's the only way that Google has been able to sustain its top position. If MSFT acquires YHOO then and only then will GOOG face some strong challenges.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate google and I hope they burn...they are stealing our money and robbing us blind, on a scale you cannot imagine!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google Adsense for Domains has been discontinued - need to find a traffic aggregator with access to Google Adsense for feeds which pays off based on multiple variables like volume, quality etc. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EEEEK. Is that called daylight robbery?

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend of mine, and apparently him and a group of about a half a dozen other webmasters have been running AdSense experiments recently. They were running AdWords campaigns on each others websites via AdSense, and then having other bystanders click their own ads to see where the chips fall.

The end results were that Google apparently bills advertisers for multiple clicks, but only pays out 1 click per user to the AdSense publisher [similar to Sedo's policy]. The other disturbing result, is that according to this batch of research, AdSense only pays out on average between 5 - 7% of what's billed to the AdWords advertiser, that's not including the substantial multiple click revenue they're pulling off the top as well.

Nice!

Thanks for the info, already noticed that they abuse of their popularity, maybe we should avoid adsense until there is a real transparancy

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When apples are only sold by one company... who decides the price of apples, is it really the consumer via supply and demand? And to make matters worse, Google doesn't just set the pricing standard for the PPC industry, they also get to dictate the terms by which it operates. If Google represents the kings and queens of non transparency, how can anyone expect lowly Google ad feed distributors to operate any differently?

PPC = take what I give you. Would anyone here transfer me a quality domain, and then after it arrives in my account, say "pay me what you feel it's worth, and if you aren't happy with it's quality, don't pay me at all"? That's the PPC industry in a nutshell. If you "feel" you're getting a fair share, all is well. Think about that concept for a second, the absurdity of it makes it almost hard to believe it's even legal.

Domainers and webmasters need to start having more respect for themselves, and their own financial well being. You sell units of traffic, just like you sell units of anything tangible. The next time you're shopping for groceries, try buying a loaf of bread, or a pack of gum for what you feel it's worth. Take it out of the package and chew on it a bit, and if it doesn't taste exactly as you expected it to, walk out of the store with it, it's yours.

Last edited:

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5%-7% of revenue share is contrary to their financial statements and they wouldn't play with it for sure.
Paying one click to publisher and charging multiple clicks to advertiser is also very questionable. I am both a publisher and an advertiser with a good tracking software and I couldn't confirm that. On the contrary, I see relatively often a single user clicking on all ads on my page and all clicks being regularly tracked and paid.
Yes, both my Adsense and Adwords income are suffering, but it is a consequence of many factors, mainly saturated market and end of the hype.

Besides they are not the only player in town.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5%-7% of revenue share is contrary to their financial statements and they wouldn't play with it for sure.
Paying one click to publisher and charging multiple clicks to advertiser is also very questionable. I am both a publisher and an advertiser with a good tracking software and I couldn't confirm that. On the contrary, I see relatively often a single user clicking on all ads on my page and all clicks being regularly tracked and paid.
Yes, both my Adsense and Adwords income are suffering, but it is a consequence of many factors, mainly saturated market and end of the hype.

Besides they are not the only player in town.

The beauty of this test, is that I can confirm it's replicable. One person's word is worthless on the subject, I imagine the authors of the test would encourage more participants to try it out, and publish their results for cross analysis, wink wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators